Planned Parenthood's advice for parents in teaching 4-yr olds...

PJay

These people make puke. They just do not stop. I wish they would disappear.

Hijinx

What's next? Doctor holds up brand new baby. Said baby has a penis. Doctor says "Congratulations! Inside the body of this baby boy is a beautiful baby girl!"

More than likely in the future the Doctor will hold up the boy child and say, " Didn't you want a girl?" I can cut the crank off this kid for another $5,000.00

black dog

Free America
What does any of this have to do with giving medical treatment as a non-profit? Wouldn't this be way beyond their calling - proof they do not need taxpayer funds?

Yea, because in your mind all they do is preform abortions, How about they make information available for parents, churches, guardians, single and married folks who need that information that some folks just don't, would't or can't talk about, Sex...

Hears the front page of there website for Parents, Take notice its not just about Planned Parenthood.

Resources for Parents

Many parents find that talking with their children about sexuality and reproduction can be overwhelming. There are many tools to help you, no matter if you’ve already begun talking with your children about sexuality and want help answering specific questions, or if you don’t know how to start the discussion. We hope reading about talking with your kids about sex and sexuality will be helpful.

There are also many other resources that can help:

Websites

Answer

Advocates for Youth

The Center for Latino Adolescent and Family Health

Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays

Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States

Talk With Your Kids

Teaching Sexual Health

There’s No Place Like Home … for Sex Education

Tolerance.org

Books About Talking with Your Children About Sexuality

How to Talk with Teens About Love, Relationships, and S-E-X by Amy G. Miron and Charles D. Miron

Sex & Sensibility: The Thinking Parent's Guide to Talking Sense About Sex by Deborah M. Roffman

Sexuality: Your Sons and Daughters With Intellectual Disabilities by Karin Melberg Schwier and David Hingsburger

Staying Connected to Your Teenager: How to Keep Them Talking to You and How to Hear What They're Really Saying by Michael Riera

Teaching Children with Down Syndrome about Their Bodies, Boundaries, and Sexuality by Terri Couwenhoven

The Real Truth About Teens and Sex: From Hooking Up to Friends with Benefits — What Teens Are Thinking, Doing, and Talking About, and How to Help Them Make Smart Choices by Sabrina Weill

Why Do They Act That Way?: A Survival Guide to the Adolescent Brain for You and Your Teen by David Walsh

Talk to Me First: Everything You Need to Know to Become Your Kids' "Go-To" Person about Sex by Deborah Roffman

For Goodness Sex: Changing the Way We Talk to Teens About Sexuality, Values, and Healthby Al Vernacchio

Books for Children

There are books written about sexuality for children of different ages. Reading books about sexuality with your children is a great way for you to break the ice and start an ongoing discussion. And children will benefit from having books like these in your home to look at when they have questions about sexuality.

It's Not the Stork!: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends by Robie Harris (for ages 4 and up)

No Es La Cigüeña Un Libro Que Habla Sobre Ninas, Ninos, Bebes, Cuerpos, Familias Y Amigos by Robie Harris (for ages 4 and up)

It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing up, Sex, and Sexual Health by Robie Harris (for ages 10 and up)

Sexo...Que Es? by Robie Harris (for ages 10 and up)

It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Familiesby Robie Harris (for ages 7 and up)

¡Es Alucinante! by Robie Harris (for ages 7 and up)

What's the Big Secret?: Talking about Sex with Girls and Boys by Laurie Krasny Brown and Marc Brown (for ages 4-8)

The “What's Happening to My Body?” Book for Boys: A Growing Up Guide for Parents and Sons by Lynda Madaras and Martin Anderson (for ages 8 to 15)

The “What's Happening to My Body?” Book for Girls: A Growing Up Guide for Parents and Daughters by Lynda Madaras and Marcia Herman-Giddens (for ages 8 to 15)

Let’s Talk About Sex by Robie Harris

Who Has What? All About Girls' Bodies and Boys' Bodies by Robie Harris (for ages 4-8)

What's in There? All About Before You Were Born by Robie Harris (for ages 2-5)

Additional Resources

Don’t hesitate to seek out additional support. Talk with friends and family members about their experiences talking with their children about sexuality. Ask them what worked and what didn’t work for them.

You can also encourage your parent-teacher association (PTA), church, or temple to invite Planned Parenthood educators to talk with parents about this important topic.

This_person

Yea, because in your mind all they do is preform abortions, How about they make information available for parents, churches, guardians, single and married folks who need that information that some folks just don't, would't or can't talk about, Sex...

Hears the front page of there website for Parents, Take notice its not just about Planned Parenthood.

I didn't even mention abortions in the context of this thread :lol:

You didn't even come close to answering the meat of my question, though; if PP is a health clinic, why do they need to be involved in whether or not a 4 year old is confused about his/her gender? That does not sound like a health clinic, that sounds amazingly like sexual activism.

You can't tell me this is because the parents won't talk to the kids about it - we're talking about 4 year olds here. It's not like the 4 year old is going to pick up a pamphlet on his/her way home from the library.

This is not about health clinic work, this is about activism. I can't see any other way around it.

hotbikermama40

You can't tell me this is because the parents won't talk to the kids about it - we're talking about 4 year olds here. It's not like the 4 year old is going to pick up a pamphlet on his/her way home from the library.

This is not about health clinic work, this is about activism. I can't see any other way around it.

I don't see anything wrong with PP providing info. I'd like to know that they aren't only performing abortions. But if that's what they are going to do, they need to keep the focus on education for preteens, teens and adults. 4 year olds do NOT need sexual or gender education. They've just barely discovered the concept of coloring inside the lines to get the gold star on their homework and not to pick their boogers in public, ffs.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't see anything wrong with PP providing info. I'd like to know that they aren't only performing abortions. But if that's what they are going to do, they need to keep the focus on education for preteens, teens and adults. 4 year olds do NOT need sexual or gender education. They've just barely discovered the concept of coloring inside the lines to get the gold star on their homework and not to pick their boogers in public, ffs.
It's not that they pick them, it's what they do with them once picked.

black dog

Free America

I believe its for Parental Information, Not many 4 yr olds surfing the web. I'm not saying i believe in everything Planned Parenthood does, But if the kids aren't educated at home, they are gonna get educated on the school bus. And that generally starts at 5 yrs old.

hotbikermama40

I believe its for Parental Information, Not many 4 yr olds surfing the web. I'm not saying i believe in everything Planned Parenthood does, But if the kids aren't educated at home, they are gonna get educated on the school bus. And that generally starts at 5 yrs old.

Absolutely, this is true. But what is typically taught by one 5 year old to another? I remember, and this was a LONG time ago of course, 5 and 6 year olds telling each other that necking could get you pregnant because you caught cooties. The years of sexual exploration, gender identification and individuality occur during the adolescent development.

This_person

How is gender determination the task of a health clinic, unless it is mental health?

Hijinx

How is gender determination the task of a health clinic, unless it is mental health?

Generations before this one found out about sex as they went along.
Most of us turned out pretty good.
Most of us still have the genitals we were born with, and we produced the next generation.

This generation is the first to really put a lot of time into trans-genders and LGBTQ's
Maybe it's best we learn on our own.

This_person

Generations before this one found out about sex as they went along.
Most of us turned out pretty good.
Most of us still have the genitals we were born with, and we produced the next generation.

This generation is the first to really put a lot of time into trans-genders and LGBTQ's
Maybe it's best we learn on our own.

Hey, I'm all for advancing the knowledge of the civilization. If people can't accept themselves for who they are and need to cut themselves up to be something different (all while asking us to accept who they've become instead of who they were), that's up to them.

But, if you're being funded to provide basic health care, why are you in activism? This is clearly activism.