Inappropriate photo disqualifies softball team

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm glad this didn't happen to a minority player team. No race card to play here. It's not like they were repeating lyrics of a cRap song.

Atlee Little League's Junior softball team has been disqualified from its World Series championship matchup over what officials say was an inappropriate social media post.Little League officials announced the disqualification Saturday morning,
Little League described the offending post only as "an inappropriate social media post."
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported that an Atlee team member posted a photo on Snapchat showing six of the girls giving the middle finger. The post was directed at the host club from Kirkland, Washington, which Atlee defeated in the semifinals.

learning a life lesson

black dog

Free America
You just played the race card..... :coffee:

You are confused, Whites have the White privilege Card, Only Blacks can use the Race Card. At least that what the blacks keep preaching.

softball.jpg
sevpvadiyxwquml706sk.jpg

looks like a bunch of hoodrats for sure..

Monello

PREMO Member
My comment in the original post was in reference to the boys little league team from the Bronx that was caught cheating a few years ago. They had several 14 year olds playing on a 10 - 12 year old team. Many teams that they beat along the way registered protests with the little league but got no satisfaction. Some claimed the little league didn't want to appear insensitive to a team of minorities, many players that spoke no English.

Sports Illustrated uncovered the fact that their star pitcher had used a fake birth certificate to register for the team. What teen doesn't know how old he is? So after the fact the little league invalidated the Bronx team's 3rd place finish.

In the end how many kids were denied a chance at playing because of a team that cheated?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Don't leave out the Chicago LL team stripped of their championship a few years ago for ineligible players outside their boundaries.

Monello

PREMO Member
Don't leave out the Chicago LL team stripped of their championship a few years ago for ineligible players outside their boundaries.

That is easier to get away with. The joke during the tournaments with the Bronx team was that they needed to set aside some bleacher seats for the player's wives. From many of the articles I read, it was obvious they were cheating with older players, but nothing was done about it.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
That is easier to get away with. The joke during the tournaments with the Bronx team was that they needed to set aside some bleacher seats for the player's wives. From many of the articles I read, it was obvious they were cheating with older players, but nothing was done about it.

I remember all the angst over it.

Hannibal

I'm not sold on this but I can certainly see it both ways. It is extremely bad sportsmanship and given the stance of the league - certainly goes against that. However, my issues with it are several fold:

1. It was a private picture that was ultimately discovered and elevated. To me, it's like having a sour opinion on something your friend did. You can express that opinion in private and it carries no repercussion as it was intended to remain in private. However, if someone overheard you and carried that message forward to your friend - it's now public and a big deal as they're likely offended. Point being, you didn't set out to offend your friend and these girls didn't set out to offend that other team. It was a result of someone finding the picture and carrying it to HQ. The girls certainly could have not done this - or expressed themselves differently - and hindsight being 20/20, I am sure they wish they did.

2. The punishment seems pretty high for the crime. Keep in mind, these are young girls and they have invested a substantial amount of time in this process (LL play from local to regional to national is a lot of time ..... and a good bit of money). They've earned the position on the ball field and ultimately had it taken away because of this act. I feel there are other ways to teach the lesson here. Keep in mind, you have some girls equally penalized that were not involved in the photo. You have parents who've committed substantial money to this cause who are also sent home.

Part of me doesn't understand the rationale. You cuss at an umpire, you are kicked out of the game. You cuss at another player, you're likely warned and/or kicked out of the game. Point being, you are not kicked out of a tournament to which you earned the right to play. And it seems quite convenient that the team that replaces them is the host team ($$$$) who was ultimately the motivation for the gestures (home cooking perhaps?).

Clem72

91fef325fd07b9d01cb2fc155d3510e8--funny-movies-movie-tv.jpg