Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump appears to have committedTax Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Maybe Trump applied that "gift" to his lifetime exclusion. From the IRS - Or maybe the sale was through his corporation - And one more thing, as no one other than the IRS has seen the tax filings of Trump, is it known, versus suggested, that he didn't pay the tax?
    And THAT ^, ladies and gentlemen - and Sappy - is why the "story" will die the natural death that it deserves. A common feature in left-wing hit pieces is that left-wingers tend to understand less than squat about business operations, complex tax law, etc because they've never had to deal with it directly.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Poor Sappy assumes everything Trump does he is personally responsible for - his businesses never do anything
    Well, "the buck stops here" and all that.

However, it appears it is possible that maybe there's a chance that Trump kinda mighta shoulda (but maybe not) done this differently.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    That's why reading articles prior to commenting is so important. If you gift it for less than the true value you must still pay taxes on the true value.
    I did read the article, tard.

Who determines "true value"? In a normal world, the seller determines that and can sell their property for whatever price they choose. You bots are salivating so hard over the thought that Trump will be impeached that you'll buy any asinine excuse.

I predict this latest accusation will go precisely nowhere, along with the rest of them. It's not illegal to sell your property at a lower price. Not-Donald-Trumps do it every day, and if they go down this road (which they won't) a lot of Democrat officials will be in the headlights as well.

And let's think about a "gift tax", while we're on the subject. You own something of value; you give it to someone else; and you're supposed to pay a freaking tax on it??? *You* pay a tax on something you give to someone else? What kind of ####ed up crap is that? If the recipient paid, that would be one thing, but how did we allow a law that requires us to pay to give something away?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

A gift tax is a separate tax which requires a additional form. The taxes on the value of that real estate would be much more than $13,000 ( $350,000) hence the likehood that he didn't report it as a gift.
    Can always count on you for an education. How does this prove that Trump didn't pay this tax? You're not really interested in FACTS/EVIDENCE are you? As long as there is speculation, you'll run with it.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    how did we allow a law that requires us to pay to give something away?
    It's been around a long time...since first passed by Congress in 1932.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

The story is gone from all my news feeds......the shortest Trump non- scandal on record.

Can't wait until they find a new one later today.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

If the recipient paid, that would be one thing, but how did we allow a law that requires us to pay to give something away?
    Apparently the original intent of the law was to keep people from avoiding paying taxes should someone bequeath a large estate to them BEFORE they died.
    I guess it must have been a long time ago because as I understand it, the recipient would pay taxes anyway, right?
    I don't know what the laws were like a hundred years ago or so, but I am supposing this somehow made it harder to just give your money to your heirs ahead of time.
    ďInsults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    So, he sold property, paid tax on what was paid for the property, and someone comes along and suggests that maybe possible it could be that he may have gifted some of it (the part that wasn't sold?) because it could possibly have been worth more than what was paid, and that could mean that maybe he owed more taxes. This was discovered during a check of whether or not people in his campaign colluded with the Russians and committed a crime, though not a single person yet anywhere at any time has suggested what that crime would be.

Whew, that's some solid #### right there.
    You clearly didn't understand the article

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Apparently the original intent of the law was to keep people from avoiding paying taxes should someone bequeath a large estate to them BEFORE they died.
    I guess it must have been a long time ago because as I understand it, the recipient would pay taxes anyway, right?
    I don't know what the laws were like a hundred years ago or so, but I am supposing this somehow made it harder to just give your money to your heirs ahead of time.
    Like anything else... Its just another way for the government to take more.

Taxing the deceased on material that was already taxed in life.

You clearly didn't understand the article
    Neither did you, as those two lawyers only "suggest" it might be, not that it did happen.

Members who have read this thread: 76