ISO Information World Gym Wildewood

SamSpade

The "rumor" is another gym... I don't believe anything with that stuff until I see some signs or something...

Supposedly water has been turned back on and a permit applied for.

Weren't they supposed to do major construction on that whole area? My chiropractor ended up getting moved out of that corner, along with Sears -

For what?

warneckutz

Weren't they supposed to do major construction on that whole area? My chiropractor ended up getting moved out of that corner, along with Sears -

For what?

This is what I've heard... they want it to look like the stores in Brandywine. Supposedly a major face-lift for the shopping center. That's a lot of work and construction though.

It's only a "rumor" to me... Over the years I've heard we were getting a "Whole Foods", etc... and nothing...

Soooooo... until there's actually movement, I wouldn't be surprised to see any plans scrapped at the last second.

BernieP

Resident PIA

For what?

I heard Sears was supposed to be relocating to the corner, where the Chinese place had been. Now both are gone.
I have real doubts about a "plan" to upgrade. What I have heard is rents are going up. So it's either sign up and pay up, or get out.

popsicle

Thanks, you were just the "someone" I was thinking of. That's a shame because it was on my way home from work. Leonardtown is closer to my house, but I have to go past my house to get there. I was hoping it was temporary because I had heard they were going to expand.

This is what I've heard... they want it to look like the stores in Brandywine. Supposedly a major face-lift for the shopping center. That's a lot of work and construction though.

It's only a "rumor" to me... Over the years I've heard we were getting a "Whole Foods", etc... and nothing...

Soooooo... until there's actually movement, I wouldn't be surprised to see any plans scrapped at the last second.

warneckutz

I heard Sears was supposed to be relocating to the corner, where the Chinese place had been. Now both are gone.
I have real doubts about a "plan" to upgrade. What I have heard is rents are going up. So it's either sign up and pay up, or get out.

In a nutshell, you nailed it. Big business will come in at some point. Someone will pay the rent.

With rumors of the largest (hardly the best) gym looking to go in there ... that's a starting point.

warneckutz

Thanks, you were just the "someone" I was thinking of. That's a shame because it was on my way home from work. Leonardtown is closer to my house, but I have to go past my house to get there. I was hoping it was temporary because I had heard they were going to expand.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like Leonardtown but turns out it's really decent. Some equipment needs to be rearranged to make more space and better utilize what's there.

Atmosphere could be better in some respects. Lots of HS and college kids that do a lot of chatting and taping themselves for Instagram. What they're trying to accomplish is beyond me - you don't see much getting accomplished on their end.

It's also packed with a lot of Wildewood folk too. Some have adjusted their hours, some have dropped off and a few have stayed the course.

The gym has a lot of potential though - but they NEED to make it happen.

BernieP

Resident PIA
In a nutshell, you nailed it. Big business will come in at some point. Someone will pay the rent.

With rumors of the largest (hardly the best) gym looking to go in there ... that's a starting point.

right now the business that seems to be thriving in St. Mary's is all the Dollar Whatever stores.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It feels like our stretch of 235 wants to mimic the horrible stretch of 301... look how that turned out

Oh you can thank the Good Ole Boy network, they all made their money and still are.
Follow the land, see who owned it and sold it to the developer.
Then see who approves development of the parcel.

They didn't want no big shopping center / mall. Why would you want a one parking lot fits all. This way every land owner can sell of their parcel one at a time.
They have controlled the supply side of development by unofficial agreement. One parcel gets developed, when it's done, then the next one starts.

Don't blame the developer for lack of infrastructure, they are playing by the rules those in power set.