Metrocast

Hijinx

I don't come to this part of the forum very often, but I suppose it is the right place to post my comments on Metrocast.
For the last month or so it has been kicking me off the net breaking my connection.
I have spoken to friends and they too are having the same problem

Th problem was fine over the weekend , but on weekdays it appears.
It is my belief that they cannot handle the load.
I complained to them and they blamed it on my wifi router.
I disconnected the router and still have the same problem.

metrocast isn't cheap they need to upgrade to take care of the problem.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Could I get the BLUF since the site won't load?

Here's mine.
Don't expect any major cable (or FiOS) provider to service little old St. Mary's county. The cost to them to upgrade to their system would far exceed the revenue they would be able to get for the number of households in the county. This is why it's basically been the same provider that has had the franchise since it's inception. The name has changed several times because they have been sold but it's still the same service.

and yes, cable has and will have the bandwidth issues at peak times.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Could I get the BLUF since the site won't load? (znip)

Privately held cable company out of Montreal looks like it will be the new owner.
Buying smaller companies like Metrocast is their business plan to expand.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Privately held cable company out of Montreal looks like it will be the new owner.
Buying smaller companies like Metrocast is their business plan to expand.

LOL

That sounds like Gans (GNP) and Metrocast, each bought up the previous company, I think it was Western Shore Cable that was purchased by Gans Communications
GNP - don't know what that means, but I thought that was the company that Metrocrap bought up.

What it means is same old same old, maybe they will figure out how to cut a few corners, pay the technicians less, etc.
Hey, we are a captive audience. You want TV and internet, particularly internet, they are top dog in a one dog town.

Connellsville

I've been experiencing the same modem disconnections for the past month or so. I thought it was because of my new Ooma VOIP phone. The disconnects happen a few times each day and last less than a minute but it is very irritating.

BernieP

Resident PIA
so back to the OP's question.

What time of day are you seeing the most problems?
If it's mostly from say 1600 to 2400 hrs it could just be a bandwidth issue and they are doing a "reset" to clear people off the network.

wubbles

Last month or so I have been getting disconnected during peak times for 5-15 minutes at a time. Annoying as ####. Also looking forward to getting ####ed by the new owners with data caps.