IED at Islamic Center

Chris0nllyn

Federal investigators are in Bloomington Saturday after a reported explosion at an Muslim community center.

In a joint press conference between the FBI, ATF and Bloomington Police Department Saturday afternoon, FBI Special Agent Rick Thornton said an “improvised explosive device” was responsible for the explosion, but wouldn’t yet characterize the incident as a hate crime or act of terrorism.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/08/05/bloomington-islamic-center-blast/

Clem72

wouldn’t yet characterize the incident as a hate crime or act of terrorism.

If they determine someone left it there to target Muslims they will call it a hate crime/terrorism. If they determine someone there set it off while teaching others how to build one they will say it was an industrial accident in a clock-making class.

SamSpade

10 bucks says they did it themselves.

DOES seem a bit odd that no one was hurt, there's no suspect, very little damage was done.

I still can't find a picture of the damage done and one site just mentioned a window was broken.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, damage pattern seems odd. No marking of any kind on the hard surfaces outside. Window blew in with enough force to shred the vertical blinds. But window next to it seems undamaged.

Wishbone

Must have been a really lousy IED. A quart bottle of gasoline with a burning rag in the top would do more damage.
I suspect they all knew it was coming and were on the other side of the room.

There have been so many of these fakes, I ignore all of them.

No sense in getting my hopes up.

glhs837

Power with Control
Looks like maybe a slight bit of blackening on the windowsill directly beneath the one pane that blew in? I would say M-80 maybe, but even that should have damaged the windowsill. Maybe something a bit smaller than that but bigger than a firecracker?