Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores [in the UK]

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat only after 'strong demand' from Muslims

• 185 branches across UK and Ireland now sell halal-only meat
  • Halal refers to objects or actions permissible under Islamic law
  • Pork is forbidden and while other meat can be eaten, it must be sourced, slaughtered and processed according to strict rules
  • Subway said all halal meat served in its branches has come from animals that were stunned before being slaughtered
  • Halal-only menu is in response to 'strong demand' from Muslim customers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...res-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

:jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are there enough Muslims eating at Subway in the UK that their dietary whims would be catered to over non-Muslims? Honestly, I really don't care what business decisions Subway makes, especially in a country I don't live in and most likely will never visit, but it seems unusual to me that a major corporation would change its business to suit a minority population.

You watch, at some point we're going to be asked to come liberate them again. Those Brits just don't learn.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Honestly, I really don't care what business decisions Subway makes, especially in a country I don't live in and most likely will never visit, but it seems unusual to me that a major corporation would change its business to suit a minority population.

nope ... but fully expect such decisions to come stateside soon ...

hey an entire police dept covered up multiple rapes by Muslims for yrs .... whats a few pork subs

Last edited:

Wishbone

I wonder how many franchises are run by Muslims, and they got tired of handling bacon and pork for infidels

Might be a good thing, as it'll change the clientele to mostly muslim and they'll be spreading their e.coli among their own.

Hank

my war
Do you honestly think nobody is getting bacon and ham on their subs in the UK?

Well, number 1 this is a story from 2014... Go Gurps!!! :dork:

Sounds like Supply & Demand to me... I can't imagine that a Subway in the middle of a Muslim Bristol Community would sell much bacon & ham...

"The claims are factual, although some of the media reports on the issue are typically sensationalist. In fact, Subway UK has had a programme in place since 2007 that considers population demographics when opening new stores. If the company ascertains that there will be a large demand for halal meat at a particular location, pork meat may be removed from that store's menu and other meats served will be halal. The company maintains that due to the cultural diversity of the UK and Ireland, it must balance the values of different religious communities."

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/subway-removes-ham-bacon-halal.shtml

"TRUE: Some Subway restaurants tailor to local customs and do not serve pork products."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/subwayhalal.asp

Hank

my war
I wonder how many franchises are run by Muslims, and they got tired of handling bacon and pork for infidels

Are you aware how large these Muslim communities are? It's like dropping your cracka ass in SE DC. They tailor their menu... :bigwhoop:

Clem72

I thought they made everything out of Turkey, except for their chicken (which is soy).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Sounds like Supply & Demand to me... I can't imagine that a Subway in the middle of a Muslim Bristol Community would sell much bacon & ham...

"The claims are factual, although some of the media reports on the issue are typically sensationalist. In fact, Subway UK has had a programme in place since 2007 that considers population demographics when opening new stores. If the company ascertains that there will be a large demand for halal meat at a particular location, pork meat may be removed from that store's menu and other meats served will be halal. The company maintains that due to the cultural diversity of the UK and Ireland, it must balance the values of different religious communities."

"TRUE: Some Subway restaurants tailor to local customs and do not serve pork products."

Again, I don't really care. I don't live in the UK and it's unlikely I will find myself eating at Subway in a Muslim enclave. If they decided to implement their halal policies here in the US, I wouldn't even know it happened unless I saw it on the news or something.

The larger picture is just how much the Brits are allowing Muslims to grow as a population in their country, and how much influence they're allowing this immigrant demographic. I don't really care what happens to them so much as I don't want them whining to us for help getting their country back. That seems to be the Leftist MO: #### up their city/state/country, then whine for someone to come fix it so they can #### it up again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are there enough Trannys out there in the USA that their bathroom tendencies would be catered to over Straight people?

Ask Target and I'm guessing they'll tell you the answer is "no" because they found that out the hard way.

Hijinx

IMO Halal is just another way to pay off some Muslim for cutting the throat of the animal.

It's all part of Sharia law, and acceptance of Halal by non-Muslims is IMO acceptance of Sharia law.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
IMO Halal is just another way to pay off some Muslim for cutting the throat of the animal.

It's all part of Sharia law, and acceptance of Halal by non-Muslims is IMO acceptance of Sharia law.

I see it as no different than Jewish kashrut. What Muslim fundamentalists eat is way down on the list of what alarms me about them.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......

Chain restaurants do it here in the US, also. For instance, out here in the Southwest US, Green Chili is very popular. Go to Papa Johns, Subway, Ihop, etc., they have Green Chili. It makes good business practice to cater to the local population.