MD banned oil based stains & paints???

black dog

Free America
It would not surprise me at all, The last few years i lived in Maryland i had to order lacquer paint from the Sherwin Williams in Fredericksburg and pick it up because the Sherwin Williams in Southern Maryland would not sell it to me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wouldn't be surprised. We have to purchase many if not most of our "industrial" paints from out of state sources now. Used to be able to buy about anything we needed from local suppliers.

It's also a large part of why we have the production of all our larger equipment completely out of Maryland and in Pennsylvania and Indiana instead.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It would not surprise me at all, The last few years i lived in Maryland i had to order lacquer paint from the Sherwin Williams in Fredericksburg and pick it up because the Sherwin Williams in Southern Maryland would not sell it to me.

One of many reasons why I have/maintain an industrial/commercial property in Danville, VA. I have all manner of things delivered there because they are restricted by MD's nanny-state liberal thumb sucking laws.

black dog

Free America
One of many reasons why I have/maintain an industrial/commercial property in Danville, VA. I have all manner of things delivered there because they are restricted by MD's nanny-state liberal thumb sucking laws.

I understand, When the Charlotte Hall Sherwin told me i needed a license or a certificate to now buy the paint I use, I laughed and told him to send my color charts to Fredericksburg.
i bought my stock steel and sheets of AR plate from Steel Servicves in VA,I might as well get paint there too.
A shoutout to those awesome Oliver boys who would receive my steel orders when I wasn't home.

black dog

Free America
That Doc feller though... ;-)

He's the one that talked me into eating all those peaches in the bottom of the Mason jars at the Speedway one night...
A few years back I was putting irrigation in Mrs Yowaiski's retirement home and Doc's name came up I conversation, she told me he was " The Devil Himself " ...
She had me laughing all day, when I mentioned it to Doc, he grinned like Fritz the Cat..

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Is this fake news? Has California annexed Maryland? WT...

Since sometime back in 2004 or 2005 for amounts over a quart. Part of an EPA air pollution program (Ozone Transport Commission), it impacted Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland and Delaware, as well as the District of Columbia and 10 counties in Northern Virginia. Stores that had old stock could continue to sell it until that stock was depleted and then they were only allowed to sell amounts packaged at a quart or less.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He's the one that talked me into eating all those peaches in the bottom of the Mason jars at the Speedway one night...
A few years back I was putting irrigation in Mrs Yowaiski's retirement home and Doc's name came up I conversation, she told me he was " The Devil Himself " ...
She had me laughing all day, when I mentioned it to Doc, he grinned like Fritz the Cat..
no idear what yr talking about. Those peaches doe...