Elizabeth Carlisle

This_person

Washington Times said:
Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s work alias — “Elizabeth Carlisle” — was confirmed Monday as a result of multiple Freedom of Information Act requests and persistent citizens.

Although the Justice Department confirmed in February 2016 that she sometimes used a pseudonym, the exact name was not verified until the release of a report by The Daily Caller on Monday.

Critics of the practice allege that officials use pseudonyms as a means of camouflaging correspondence from citizens and skirting FOIA requests.

Other well-known Obama administration officials to use aliases include:
  • Former Attorney General Eric Holder: “Lew Alcindor.”
  • Former IRS official Lois Lerner: “Toby Miles.”
  • Environmental Protection Agency official Lisa Jackson: “Richard Windsor.”

The 30-minute meeting in Phoenix between Ms. Lynch and Mr. Clinton came as the FBI was investigating Democrat presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton’s decision to use a secret email server while secretary of state.

“[Mr. Clinton] and his entourage were running late according to my sources. They then make the decision — ‘they’ meaning the former president’s team — they wait for her to land. She arrives. Some people step off of her plane. The former president steps into her plane. They then speak for 30 minutes — privately,” Mr. Sign reported.

“The FBI there, on the tarmac, instructed everybody around, ‘No photos. No pictures. No cellphones,’” Mr. Sign added. “He then gets off the plane, gets on his own plane, he departs, she continues on with her planned visit.”

The Clintons maintained that the meeting was coincidental and that the two simply exchanged family small talk.

Shouldn't this practice be illegal? How does it not violate records-retention laws?

Grumpy

Shouldn't this practice be illegal? How does it not violate records-retention laws?

I would think it is illegal. Not sure if I bitched about it here, but back when the IRS crap was going on, I was saying that someone needed to FOIA all email traffic to/from IRS or WH networks using any IDs associated with yahoo/gmail/msn

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You would think that you would have to be on the payroll to get an account, wonder if these "fakes" were getting paid.

Hijinx

IMO their meeting was not illegal.

What they discussed and what happened as a result of the meeting was illegal , and that was getting Hillary from receiving an indictment.