Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheists suck - says most everyone

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Was neither trolling nor getting trolled.

Identifying as Christian and doing something because your religion calls for it are VERY different things. Pretty much the democrats hanging black people were operating well outside the Bible.

I do believe that the KKK said that they were doing God's work. I think they pale in comparison to the deaths caused by atheists who pushed American eugenics and abortion.
    Thousands (tens of thousands) of Christians have gotten abortions.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Thousands (tens of thousands) of Christians have gotten abortions.
    In the name of God?

No. We know more than 95% of abortions are done in the name of convenience for the mother. Her way of life is too important in her opinion to change based on the willful action she took to create a life, so someone must die to keep her life from changing too drastically.

Momma makes THE valid point though. This study was not about what people do, it's about what people think of religious versus atheist.

Blog Entries
    Are these the same polls that said Hillary was going to win the presidency?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    In the name of God?

No. We know more than 95% of abortions are done in the name of convenience for the mother. Her way of life is too important in her opinion to change based on the willful action she took to create a life, so someone must die to keep her life from changing too drastically.

Momma makes THE valid point though. This study was not about what people do, it's about what people think of religious versus atheist.
    And I hope I made it clear that so many people jump off and assume that someone who is atheist must be 'bad' while someone who is Christian/religious would be 'good'. Very dangerous assumption. And very hypocritical. The fact is, as worded by Oscar Wilde "every saint has a past and every sinner has a future".
    Some folks just need a high-five. Some just need a high-five to the face.

Keep Calm and Don't Care! DipStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Southerners who lynched black people just a few short decades ago identified as Christians. The KKK used to be quite adamant that they were doing God's work.

Nothing like trying to troll, then getting trolled yourself, eh?
    In before "But they were DemoKKKrats".
    Fix NASCAR: Build a short track.

Southerners who lynched black people just a few short decades ago identified as Christians. The KKK used to be quite adamant that they were doing God's work.

Nothing like trying to troll, then getting trolled yourself, eh?
    I wonder how many African American men were actually lynched back then. If you listen to the BLM and NAACP folks you'd think it was thousands.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

Are these the same polls that said Hillary was going to win the presidency?
    It wasn't a poll. It was a study.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    I wonder how many African American men were actually lynched back then. If you listen to the BLM and NAACP folks you'd think it was thousands.
    I bet they were almost ALL American. None of them like Obama with one African parent and one American

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    And I hope I made it clear that so many people jump off and assume that someone who is atheist must be 'bad' while someone who is Christian/religious would be 'good'. Very dangerous assumption. And very hypocritical. The fact is, as worded by Oscar Wilde "every saint has a past and every sinner has a future".
    Other than Jesus, I have never heard of someone without sin.

The difference has never been the ability of the person to be "good". The difference is the standard. A religious person generally has a set, solid, unchanging standard. An atheist, by definition, has no standard stronger than the opinion they hold at any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DipStick View Post
    In before "But they were DemoKKKrats".
    Way too late.

http://forums.somd.com/showthread.ph...80#post5796580

Members who have read this thread: 70