Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheists suck - says most everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    I wonder how many African American men were actually lynched back then. If you listen to the BLM and NAACP folks you'd think it was thousands.
    Post Civil War era or 1950's and 1960's? There were lynching during both periods but obviously a lot more in the era immediately following the Civil War in the south.

I'm an atheist, but not the kind that runs around getting offended wanting god removed from money and all that nonsense. I simply don't believe in any higher power of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    In the name of God?

No. We know more than 95% of abortions are done in the name of convenience for the mother. Her way of life is too important in her opinion to change based on the willful action she took to create a life, so someone must die to keep her life from changing too drastically.

Momma makes THE valid point though. This study was not about what people do, it's about what people think of religious versus atheist.
    You are ridiculous you have no idea how many religious vs non religious people have abortions. I would say until recently it was more likely a religious person would be convinced to have a quiet abortion to not bring Jake on the family. Why is this always where all your discussions end up?

Other than Jesus, I have never heard of someone without sin.

The difference has never been the ability of the person to be "good". The difference is the standard. A religious person generally has a set, solid, unchanging standard. An atheist, by definition, has no standard stronger than the opinion they hold at any given moment.
    and few things arouse more passion and fervor than the subject matter of religion...which has in reality as shown through history led many to commit horrific acts that they justified as "what they were led to do". The actual definition of an Athiest is one who disbelieves in the presence or existence of God, or of gods. Where is it that you believe they have no "solid standards" or resiliency to their opinions?
    Some folks just need a high-five. Some just need a high-five to the face.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    In the name of God?

No. We know more than 95% of abortions are done in the name of convenience for the mother. Her way of life is too important in her opinion to change based on the willful action she took to create a life, so someone must die to keep her life from changing too drastically.

Momma makes THE valid point though. This study was not about what people do, it's about what people think of religious versus atheist.
    How many atheists pushed women into getting abortions? Past MMO it's hard to come up with any.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    It wasn't a poll. It was a study.
    Done by polling two groups of people.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    You are ridiculous you have no idea how many religious vs non religious people have abortions. I would say until recently it was more likely a religious person would be convinced to have a quiet abortion to not bring Jake on the family. Why is this always where all your discussions end up?
    Do they have abortions in the name of God?

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    and few things arouse more passion and fervor than the subject matter of religion...which has in reality as shown through history led many to commit horrific acts that they justified as "what they were led to do". The actual definition of an Athiest is one who disbelieves in the presence or existence of God, or of gods. Where is it that you believe they have no "solid standards" or resiliency to their opinions?
    From what source, outside of themselves, would their moral compass exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    How many atheists pushed women into getting abortions? Past MMO it's hard to come up with any.
    I will admit to not knowing who or what MMO is.

I believe it's a cultural thing. Sanger and her ilk helped convince people abortion should be acceptable.

Sterilization of American citizens continued until 1970. Hundreds of thousands of people at least. This was done involuntarily. Maybe not directly killing, but pretty ####ty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Done by polling two groups of people.
    Well, 13000 people in 13 countries on 5 continents. I am not convinced most people would refer to that the same way they would refer to a political poll

Members who have read this thread: 70