Glen Campbell dead at 81

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Dude could really rock his guitar. Great musician and voice, with a lot of hits during my HS days late 60's-early70's.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
One of the best covers I've ever heard was from a Texas punk band doing Rhinestone Cowboy. Mid 80's at the Bayou (can't remember their name) but because of them I gave him a listen. Yeah, I had heard Glen's songs before but never really listened.
The guy influenced me so much I bought his signature Ovation 12 string which opened up a whole new world of music to my impressionable young ears.
Still have the guitar.

hotbikermama40

One of the best covers I've ever heard was from a Texas punk band doing Rhinestone Cowboy. Mid 80's at the Bayou (can't remember their name) but because of them I gave him a listen. Yeah, I had heard Glen's songs before but never really listened.
The guy influenced me so much I bought his signature Ovation 12 string which opened up a whole new world of music to my impressionable young ears.
Still have the guitar.

That. Is. Awesome.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Still have the guitar.

I love your story. What a treasure you possess; in more ways than one. :smile:

RIP, Mr. Campbell. You were very much a part of our lives.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Loved his music, "By the time I get to Phoenix, Witchata Lineman, Rhinestone Cowboy, Gentle on my Mind." So many great songs.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Still have the guitar.

Awesome!

PsyOps

Pixelated
Still have the guitar.

Campbell didn't have this influence over me, but I do know how one person can come along and change everything in how you hear and play music. It's what lights that fire. When I heard about the news of Campbell's dementia I thought about my mom, who is in later stage dementia. When I read your story I thought "boy I hope this never afflicts Pat Metheny". Both gifted in their own genres. Terrible loss to music in general.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the Coop on Glen Campbell

[video=youtube;B6q2hsdXenQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6q2hsdXenQ[/video]