North Korea will be met with "Fire and fury, like the world has never seen"

PsyOps

Pixelated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8FA5dQ8tI

So, is this the kind of rhetoric we should see out of our president when faced with this sort of situation. North Korea allegedly can now tip a long range missile with a nuke. It's also being reported NORK's missiles can reach just about anywhere in the US.

I'm pretty mixed about Trump's statement. I do believe we need to send a clear message to North Korea about our intentions and how serious we are. I'm just not sure what message Trump was trying to convey "Fire and fury, like the world has never seen". The first thought that came to mind was WWII Japan. That is the greatest/worst example of "fire and fury" that this world has seen. Is Trump talking worse than that? Are we ready to use nukes on a country like North Korea? Is that really where we're headed? I realize all options are on the table, but we're talking about a country that has one shot and they're done. Un has to know this.

Do you believe we are headed to war that might involve nukes; or is this nothing more than sabre rattling on both sides?

Wishbone

All we need is a phase-conjugate tracking system, a large spinning mirror, and a 50MW laser... and we could vaporize a human target from outer space!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So, is this the kind of rhetoric we should see out of our president when faced with this sort of situation. I realize all options are on the table, but we're talking about a country that has one shot and they're done. Un has to know this.

Do you believe we are headed to war that might involve nukes; or is this nothing more than sabre rattling on both sides?

Trump was specifically responding the NORK statement regarding their very imminent intent/threat to send missile(s) on to Guam. You must have missed that part. We've already dispatched additional aircraft to Guam in response to the very overt threat.

Why Guam?..that's another matter. Maybe they've only completed the integration of warhead and missile on one of their shorter-range variants?

Wishbone

Has anyone warned Democrat Congressman Hank Johnson about this?

He was worried that all our military presence on Guam was going to capsize the island... They might look into using that as a safety measure in case of nuclear strike.

Everybody can take a deep breath and run to one side of the island causing the tip... Then hold it until after the bomb hits, let go, and the island rights itself, no fuss, no muss.

:jet:

Midnightrider

Trump was specifically responding the NORK statement regarding their very imminent intent/threat to send missile(s) on to Guam. You must have missed that part. We've already dispatched additional aircraft to Guam in response to the very overt threat.

Why Guam?..that's another matter. Maybe they've only completed the integration of warhead and missile on one of their shorter-range variants?

The NORKs have made that statement since trump made his fire and fury statement too. So what is trump going to do? they crossed his line in the said and are awaiting the hellfire

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump is sabre rattling and appealing to his base, who want him to show decisive and forceful leadership. NK is most likely not going to nuke Guam; even that little psycho has to know better than to do something that stupid. What we know for a fact is that he's not averse to killing millions of his own citizens, and perhaps he's stupid enough to think our aversion to civilian deaths will keep us from retaliating, but even if he is that stupid, his handlers aren't. They will assassinate him themselves if it comes to that.

What's hilarious and maddening at the same time is that CNN's headlines are all fretting about *Trump's* "threats" to NK. "Oh, Trump's threats are the last thing China needs. :drama:" FACT: China could make that little NK puke stand down right now, but they are choosing not to do it because Un is one of the weapons in their arsenal. In typical bawlbaby appeasement fashion, the Left is hoping (against all history and logic) that if we give NK some stuff, they'll sane up and act right. That has never, throughout history, worked. Like, ever. Ever ever.

The UN is puling about sanctions, in their typical weenie fashion, and even the WashPo agrees that sanctions won't mean a hill of #### to NK. Sanctions only hurt the citizenry, and Un has already proven that he gives zero effs about them. He'll kill those bitches himself.

While the retarded Left is all aflutter about Russia, China is making its move and they are completely ignoring it. NK is NOT acting alone. They are not some lone nut. They are absolutely backed and encouraged by China, and anyone with half a braincell understands this. NK has one main ally: China. And that's pretty much it. They are a pissant nobody country without China backing them and Un would never dare make these threats unless it was with China's backing and encouragement. "They" say that Russia is supposedly allied with NK, but I don't believe that #### for one second. Putin is a calculated leader; Un is a psycho punk. They are not allies and that is too ridiculous to even consider. NK is a hermit regime being used as a distraction by China.

PJay

His talk sure beats that sissy we had for so painfully long.

I want Trump to talk tough followed by action > BOOM

itsbob

I bowl overhand
His talk sure beats that sissy we had for so painfully long.

I want Trump to talk tough followed by action > BOOM

Problem is, tough talk would probably work on it's own if we didn't have the likes of McCain coming out before the ink dries denigrating OUR President in front of the world.. WTF is he thinking??

President talks tough, makes a stand, the rest of our government should stand shoulder to shoulder with him and take the disagreements to the OVAL OFFICE.. THATS what a GOOD LEADER would do you sniveling little bastard.

No the NORKS can and should be emboldened, because McCain just said.. He doesn't REALLY mean it.. He can't and won't REALLY do anything..

Midnightrider

Problem is, tough talk would probably work on it's own if we didn't have the likes of McCain coming out before the ink dries denigrating OUR President in front of the world.. WTF is he thinking??

President talks tough, makes a stand, the rest of our government should stand shoulder to shoulder with him and take the disagreements to the OVAL OFFICE.. THATS what a GOOD LEADER would do you sniveling little bastard.

No the NORKS can and should be emboldened, because McCain just said.. He doesn't REALLY mean it.. He can't and won't REALLY do anything..

the NORKs didn't need McCain to tell them that, they already knew....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't recall the History books talking a Democrat standing behind Roosevelt saying Neener.. Neener.. he doesn't REALLY have a big stick, he's just talking smack..

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Bull####..

MAYBE Trump was bluffing.. a good bluff is better than actual military action, but his bluff was called by a SITTING Senator from his own friggin party!

Unforgivable.

Midnightrider

Bull####..

MAYBE Trump was bluffing.. a good bluff is better than actual military action, but his bluff was called by a SITTING Senator from his own friggin party!

Unforgivable.

:killingme

no, it was called by the Fat Guy in Korea. He is the one making threats against the US and he is continuing to thumb his nose at trump despite his stupid bluff.

BTW, I am sure that the NORKs are pretty familiar with our system and know that trump's powers to start a war are limited. They didn't need McCain to tell them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Okay, so either Trump is a crazed lunatic who is itching to lob his first nuke and drag us into WWIII; OR he is a candy ass who won't really do anything and it's all a bluff. Did you think that up on your own or did your handlers switch talking points?

Wishbone

Okay, so either Trump is a crazed lunatic who is itching to lob his first nuke and drag us into WWIII; OR he is a candy ass who won't really do anything and it's all a bluff. Did you think that up on your own or did your handlers switch talking points?

It must be dizzying to be inside their heads!

:crazy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BTW, I am sure that the NORKs are pretty familiar with our system and know that trump's powers to start a war are limited.

My, how quickly we've forgotten the military action in Iraq and Afghanistan. And it was just a few short years ago, too.

Midnightrider

My, how quickly we've forgotten the military action in Iraq and Afghanistan. And it was just a few short years ago, too.

:killingme

I guess you forgot that congress voted to give GWB the power to make the call on Iraq.

Still, without some very serious extenuating circumstances, the president does not have the power to, nor would any sane person, rain hellfire down on an enemy over 'threats'. It was a stupid bluff.