Google's Diversity Problems

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Google's 'Diversity Summits': 'Super-Secret' And 'Potentially Illegal'

Damore is a former employee of Google, recently terminated following his questioning of the company’s “diversity” policies.

Damore spoke of “super-secret” and unrecorded “diversity summits” held by Google to push neo-Marxist politics on its employees. Partial transcript below.

PETERSON: Why did you do this? [write this memo]

DAMORE: About a month and a half ago, I went to one of our diversity summits — all of it unrecorded and super-secret — and they told me a lot of things that I thought were just not right.

PETERSON: What do you mean “unrecorded” and “super-secret”?

DAMORE: They were telling us about a lot of these potentially illegal practices that they’ve been doing to try and increase diversity.

PETERSON: What kind of practices?

DAMORE: Well, basically treating people differently based on what their race or gender are.

PETERSON: Oh, so you mean racism?

DAMORE: Yeah, basically.

Lawyering Up: More Than 60 Women Mull Class-Action Sexism Lawsuit Against Google

And as these things usually go, it's time to bring in the lawyers.

The Google brouhaha has just gotten worse as at least 60 women, current and former employees at the tech giant, have banded together to weigh the merits of suing the company for sexism and discrimination.

The women claim they are being paid less than men despite having the same qualifications. San Francisco civil rights attorney James Finberg said he is working on the possible class-action suit for the women, The Guardian reported.

The potential legal action follows the release of a male engineer's 10-page memo on the state of employ at the company. James Damore, 28, said in his memo that women are "biologically" less likely to rise to the top of tech companies — and he was promptly fired by Google.