Thread: Police serve warrant at wrong house, kill homeowner

Police serve warrant at wrong house, kill homeowner

Police were at the wrong address when they fatally shot a man in his Southaven home Sunday, an arrest warrant issued by a Tate County judge shows.

Ismael Lopez was shot dead by a Southaven police officer while standing in the doorway of his home on Surrey Lane around 11:30 p.m. Sunday.
    http://wreg.com/2017/07/25/warrant-s...aven-shooting/

Attorneys for the family said they were able to view Lopezís body at the coronerís office and discovered he had been shot once in the back of the head.
    Investigators told a different story, saying the suspect had a gun and they told him to drop if before opening fire. A gun was recovered at the house. Lopezís wife said her husband didnít have a gun in his hands.
    http://wreg.com/2017/07/28/southaven...lved-shooting/

The death certificate for a man shot in his home by police last month confirms he died of a gunshot wound to the head from a 9 mm handgun.
    http://wreg.com/2017/08/04/death-cer...ullet-to-head/
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    There is some dispute as to whether or not Mr. Lopez had a gun pointed at the officers. HOWEVER, it is reasonable to believe that Mr. Lopez heard someone coming through his door and retrieved his gun for protection. It is also reasonable for the dog to charge, protecting his home.

Not looking good for the cops, no matter what they try and come up with.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    There is some dispute as to whether or not Mr. Lopez had a gun pointed at the officers. HOWEVER, it is reasonable to believe that Mr. Lopez heard someone coming through his door and retrieved his gun for protection. It is also reasonable for the dog to charge, protecting his home.

Not looking good for the cops, no matter what they try and come up with.
    I know whenever I threaten cops with a gun I make sure to turn around so I can't see what they are doing and give them a clear shot at the back of my head.

It's pretty simple. If he was brown skinned, he should have just complied with the officers. If he was white, he should have stood his ground and the cops are at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushy23 View Post
    It's pretty simple. If he was brown skinned, he should have just complied with the officers. If he was white, he should have stood his ground and the cops are at fault.
    A man has every right to his gun in his own domain.
    Police work is dangerous, but for Christs sake make sure you are at the right house.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    I know whenever I threaten cops with a gun I make sure to turn around so I can't see what they are doing and give them a clear shot at the back of my head.
    Oh sure, happens all the time.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Oh sure, happens all the time.
    Here's the kicker: "Investigators told a different story, saying the suspect had a gun and they told him to drop if before opening fire. A gun was recovered at the house." Not that a gun was recovered next to the body, or under the body, or near the body. But in the house. They are trying all sort of word subterfuge to get out of this one. And I wonder. Do these thugs in costumes have body cameras? And if they did, were they on?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Wow. Scary stuff. I just don't answer the door. I don't care who it is...the postal worker, UPS, FedEx, etc. when I am alone. I wouldn't even open the door to a cop. I am not obligated to do that. My choice. I do have to say I love our UPS driver; he always leaves a biscuit for Daisy.

So sorry for the death of this man. I hope the investigation ends truthful, and all.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Members who have read this thread: 47