Thread: Wiood Pellets

Wiood Pellets

It's that time again...Had my delivery of Hamers delivered. 4+ tons ready for the upcomming winter, it'll be here before you know it!

Only gripe was that Sneads sent 1 delivery guy who was elderly and said "This is my first time delivering pellets, I dont know what I'm supposed to do"

So I had him get on the flatbed and stack the bags near the edge so I could load them in the wheelborrow and roll them to the stack. Unloading and loading 2 tons in 45 minutes by myself was a killer. WTF did I pay for delivery for?!?! Last year 2 teenage kids had 3+ tons stacked in 30 minutes. Gave them each $20.

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    It's that time again...Had my delivery of Hamers delivered. 4+ tons ready for the upcomming winter, it'll be here before you know it!

Only gripe was that Sneads sent 1 delivery guy who was elderly and said "This is my first time delivering pellets, I dont know what I'm supposed to do"

So I had him get on the flatbed and stack the bags near the edge so I could load them in the wheelborrow and roll them to the stack. Unloading and loading 2 tons in 45 minutes by myself was a killer. WTF did I pay for delivery for?!?! Last year 2 teenage kids had 3+ tons stacked in 30 minutes. Gave them each $20.
    My 3 tons being delivered tomorrow by Southern States. Moved my 1/2 ton leftover from last year into the basement today from the garage to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHillcrestGuy View Post
    My 3 tons being delivered tomorrow by Southern States. Moved my 1/2 ton leftover from last year into the basement today from the garage to make room.
    What brand do you like to burn? What kind of stove?

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    What brand do you like to burn? What kind of stove?
    I have a Breckwell, this will be my 12th year with that stove. Its been a good stove. I burn the Southern States brand which are made by Hamer, the burned super great last year. I have had many different brands over the years, Hamers in the beginning, Ive used them all. Past 3 years now they have been from SStates.

Members who have read this thread: 25