America's Team made fun again by #4 and #21!

hotbikermama40

Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott could make the Cowboys America’s Team again

The Dallas Cowboys were once America’s Team. In their 1990s heyday, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin won three Super Bowls, and no matter where you’re from, you knew at least one diehard Cowboys fan.

But 20 years of futility slowly changed that — until last season. With rookie sensations Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott in the fold, Dallas started to look like a team that fans across the nation can embrace once again.

The duo of Prescott and Elliott, plus one of the most consistent offensive lines in the league, paved the way for the team’s 13-3 finish in 2016. The Cowboys were the top seed in the NFC but fell short in the divisional round of the playoffs against the Packers.

But with these two young, exciting players anchoring the offense, along with star receiver Dez Bryant, the Cowboys are set to compete for years to come.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/19/...el-elliott-dallas-cowboys-americas-team-again

"Prescott and Elliott have made it much more fun to follow the Cowboys."

I still proudly wore my Cowboys colors and represented during the terrible stretches of pure crap we went through - but after last year, and looking forward to what they all do, not just Dak and Zeke this season - it is more fun than it's been in a long time!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Zeke needs to learn how to follow the law. He's going right up to the edge and see what he can get away with. Time will tell.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
America's Team - always been an insulting, condescending moniker to the vast majority of the country, and still is. Just like when Ted Turner coined the Braves as "America's team".

That being said, I grew up in Oklahoma from 1966 - 1972, and the Cowboys were the "home" team. I hated them then as a teenager, but now it has eased to just an intense dislike today. :buddies:

Monello

PREMO Member
Look like Zeke is going to get a few weeks off. That should make the competition in the NFC East quite interesting.

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been suspended for six games by the NFL for violating the personal conduct policy, the league announced Friday.
The suspension comes as a result of an investigation that started more than a year ago after an ex-girlfriend accused Elliott of domestic violence in Columbus, Ohio. The Columbus City Attorney's office announced in September that it would not pursue charges against Elliott because of "conflicting and inconsistent information," but the NFL can penalize a player even without legal charges

hotbikermama40

####ing ridiculous and everyone knows it. I hope he appeals and gets some, if not all those games back. Goodell is an asshat of the highest order.

Monello

PREMO Member
####ing ridiculous and everyone knows it. I hope he appeals and gets some, if not all those games back. Goodell is an asshat of the highest order.

OK, I'll bite.

This kid had 3 DV incidents in a period of 3 days according to the investigation. So why is this on Goodell? Want to really send a message? Sit him for an entire year.

I believe this culture takes root during their college years. Coaches cover these incidents. Heck even the Tallahassee police were covering for Winston when he played for FSU. So a few years of an unexpired get out of jail card has these players thinking anything goes.

Either the league wants these behaviors to stop or they don't. Brady got 4 games and he didn't hurt anyone.

PeoplesElbow

OK, I'll bite.

This kid had 3 DV incidents in a period of 3 days according to the investigation. So why is this on Goodell? Want to really send a message? Sit him for an entire year.

I believe this culture takes root during their college years. Coaches cover these incidents. Heck even the Tallahassee police were covering for Winston when he played for FSU. So a few years of an unexpired get out of jail card has these players thinking anything goes.

Either the league wants these behaviors to stop or they don't. Brady got 4 games and he didn't hurt anyone.

Try high school, when high school students get recruited to specific high schools for athletics that indicates a problem with priorities in my opinion.

I'll never forget living in the same college dorm building as football players, of course they had their own floor and it was the nicest. In the dining hall one evening there was some big commotion then I heard " we can do whatever we want, were the football team"! That was in 1992 and its only gotten worse.

hotbikermama40

Sex tapes! Blackmail! Elliot knows how to make a splash, for sure.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...ing-to-leverage-money-for-sex-tapes/23080512/

This is true, no doubt! But is he the only one, here? Interesting that no criminal charges were ever brought, and as is now quite obvious, her credibility is a joke - at best.
I understand that everyone must tread lightly and carefully lest there be any 'victim blaming'. I get that. And then...have you seen the copies of her texts? smh
I know I'll be looking for new news on the 29th, that's for sure.