Here's the way I see it

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When Trump won the nomination, he thought the GOP would be behind him. They weren't.
When he won the presidency, he thought both parties would be able to compromise reasonably for the good of the nation. They refused.
I don't think he realized the hysterical freakout his getting elected would trigger, but he gets it now.

There was a time when Trump was nice about these people and said kind things that they didn't really deserve. Now the gloves are off. Mitch McConnell had no business telling the press that Congress' laziness and do-nothing attitude is because Trump had "too high expectations". I think most reasonable people understand that it's not "expecting too much" for these people to actually do the work they were hired by us to do.

So now Trump has no qualms about telling that loafing deadbeat to get off his ass and get to work, and the progpress is all aflutter - "Trump ATTACKS! McConnell!!!" They never say how some person attacked Trump, it's always "Trump attacks...." Those headlines are designed to make you think that Trump just came off the top rope out of nowhere and started being mean for no reason, and that is certainly not the case.

This is my favorite president ever. EVER. Trump isn't going to sit there and take their bull####, he's not going to play their game, and he's not going to be bullied by their political machine. I love him! He has more courage than any other president in my lifetime, and I can't tell you how much I admire that.

"Oh, but his language... :drama:"

Bitch, go play with your dolls. We have NK threatening us with nukes; our press feeding us bogus information; our freaking internet search engines censoring our results; on and on and on....and you want to freaking cry about Trump's *language*??? Really???

He is taking on the three most destructive elements in our country: the Democrats, the Republicans, and the media. He's fighting the good fight and not backing down from their concentrated attacks and obsessive attempts to get rid of him. I'm really excited about the next four years.

This_person

When Trump won the nomination, he thought the GOP would be behind him. They weren't.
When he won the presidency, he thought both parties would be able to compromise reasonably for the good of the nation. They refused.
I don't think he realized the hysterical freakout his getting elected would trigger, but he gets it now.

There was a time when Trump was nice about these people and said kind things that they didn't really deserve. Now the gloves are off. Mitch McConnell had no business telling the press that Congress' laziness and do-nothing attitude is because Trump had "too high expectations". I think most reasonable people understand that it's not "expecting too much" for these people to actually do the work they were hired by us to do.

So now Trump has no qualms about telling that loafing deadbeat to get off his ass and get to work, and the progpress is all aflutter - "Trump ATTACKS! McConnell!!!" They never say how some person attacked Trump, it's always "Trump attacks...." Those headlines are designed to make you think that Trump just came off the top rope out of nowhere and started being mean for no reason, and that is certainly not the case.

This is my favorite president ever. EVER. Trump isn't going to sit there and take their bull####, he's not going to play their game, and he's not going to be bullied by their political machine. I love him! He has more courage than any other president in my lifetime, and I can't tell you how much I admire that.

Bitch, go play with your dolls. We have NK threatening us with nukes; our press feeding us bogus information; our freaking internet search engines censoring our results; on and on and on....and you want to freaking cry about Trump's *language*??? Really???

He is taking on the three most destructive elements in our country: the Democrats, the Republicans, and the media. He's fighting the good fight and not backing down from their concentrated attacks and obsessive attempts to get rid of him. I'm really excited about the next four years.

While I don't agree with all he does or wants to do, I agree with most of the things you said here.

He's not a politician and we really NEED "Not a politician" to get some kind of crack in the establishment armor. With Obama or Bush or Clinton, etc., I never really cared if the president was successful or not. I wanted policies that were good for America to be successful. With Trump, the greatest success I can hope for is him, personally, being successful against the establishment.

SamSpade

No ####. I remember when Obama was asked how accurate House of Cards was, he answered something like, well I don't think an education bill would move through Congress that fast.

I think the Congress is way too used to doing things slowly - I'd bet anything if their jobs were on the line - like a lot of Americans deal with all the time regarding deadlines - they'd change their tune.

Hijinx

Without doubt this is the worst Congress in our history.
The other day Trumps polls were down and I stated then that they were not near as down as the Congress.

Neither party is worth a pint of sour owl piss.

Mitch McConnell and Ryan are useless.
You cannot lead the Republican party when you are on your knees fellating the Democrats, and throwing rocks at the President.

glhs837

Power with Control
No ####. I remember when Obama was asked how accurate House of Cards was, he answered something like, well I don't think an education bill would move through Congress that fast.

I think the Congress is way too used to doing things slowly - I'd bet anything if their jobs were on the line - like a lot of Americans deal with all the time regarding deadlines - they'd change their tune.

Well, sonny, you dont milk a cow fast, nowdoya? You have to give time for all sides to present their chec.... I mean arguments..........

PsyOps

Pixelated
I was actually going to start a thread somewhat similar to this.

I see two things at play here:

1) The bully factor
2) Rejecting change

1) I just don't believe people change much from when they were children. People still get a kick out of kicking sand in the face of someone they view as weaker. Because Trump is an "outsider", these establishment types feel emboldened to pick on him. Trump is at a procedural disadvantage. He just doesn't understand the ins-and-outs of the flow of things, and who controls these flows. So, rather than try to work with him, show him the ropes, give him so leeway to establish his agenda, they'd rather just try to bully him out. And this not from any real desire for what's best for the country, it's primarily rooted in #2

2) Trump represents change from almost everything these establishment people have come used to doing. The big thing is language. The establishment had a language they used; code words if you will. They were able to look pompous and intelligent and use all sorts of big political words, and throw in a bunch of code words that would cover the meaning of things - and we (the people) just nodded, because we trusted that they knew what they were doing. Trump comes along and burns all of that to the ground. So, not only do these people want to bully him because they sort of get a kick out of it; they actually hate him because he has virtually destroyed everything they have worked so hard to establish - their own ruling class over us. And now, they fear they have lost everything. So, all they have left is to just bully Trump, any and every way possible.

Of course the media is in lock step with this bullying; in many cases establishing the narrative.

Well, folks... I believe a new era of politics is now. You resistance to this change can't overcome the tens-of-millions of people that have not only accepted it, but are actually part of that change. We're now seeing other outsiders exploring the possibility of running for office:

The Rock (I have no idea how serious that was)
Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Cuban
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz

And this just for president. I know people on the outside running is nothing new (Ross Perot), but I do think eyes are open that if Trump can get elected, so can they. You people that are rejecting Trump better wake up to this change. I think it's happening, and you're not going to be comfortable with it. And we can thank Trump for it.

Last edited:

hotbikermama40

No holes barred love this, Vrai, thanks for posting it. And the "Bitch, go play with your dolls"? abso-####-alutely priceless

Hijinx

When Trump was elected I never thought he would immediately be taken in as a brother to the Republicans in Congress, but I also never thought I would watch them destroy their own party in an effort to destroy Trump either.

I am still a Republican, but only because there is no viable third party that I can join.

The leadership sucks. There are about 20 malcontents who are letting McCain's brain tumor think for them. And all of them seem to have forgotten their campaign promises.
I believe we are going to see a number of these career malcontents getting primary'd this year

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like making a difference in the primary's.

Do you really feel as though you make a difference in the primaries?

Since I moved to MD 30 years ago, I have never made a difference in a primary election - any of them. Not one single time. In fact, I don't make a difference in the general election, either. For me, voting in Maryland is like pissing in the wind.

Hijinx

Do you really feel as though you make a difference in the primaries?

Since I moved to MD 30 years ago, I have never made a difference in a primary election - any of them. Not one single time. In fact, I don't make a difference in the general election, either. For me, voting in Maryland is like pissing in the wind.

So you don't vote and you never have to piss?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So you don't vote and you never have to piss?

Piss if you want, I'm just telling you why I choose not to.

I vote in the general election, but honestly my vote doesn't count in MD because I am so overwhelmingly outvoted by Baltimore, Montgomery, and PG who hold the whole state hostage. My vote doesn't count in 5th District because I am outvoted by the mindless yellow dog Democrats in St. Mary's and the ghetto scum in Charles who are so madly in love with their old white massas.

When I became disgusted with the GOP, it seemed natural and a stronger message to dump them rather than send them letters or bitch and complain or not vote for their candidate. A drop in the membership makes an impression that they will notice. If your spouse is abusing you, do you keep asking him to stop, or do you leave him? But frankly, I'm never going back to the GOP even if they pretend to change their ways. I will know it's a lie, just like I know Chuck Schumer is lying when he pretends to want to reach out to middle Americans.

I was done with those ####bags a LONG time ago, and then Trump came along. I'd like to see him dump the GOP and form a new party - I am positive he would attract a whole bunch of members, enough to marginalize the Ds and Rs.