Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schools Now Trying To Ban The Surname 'Lynch'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Your previous name would have shamed you.
    Exactly what I was alluding to. It is quite the slippery slope when we start being offended by every little thing in life. Maybe people named Cox will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    Good grief. What about black folks named White or vice versa? Where do you drawn the line?
    When I was in Elementary School at Grosvenor Elementary School in Bethesda in the 60's our Principal was a black man named Mr White. He wore taps on his shoes, you could hear him coming down the hallway on those terrazzo floors.
    We giggled all the time about his name..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Exactly what I was alluding to. It is quite the slippery slope when we start being offended by every little thing in life. Maybe people named Cox will be next.
    I met a Horstick in St Mary's Co... I started laughing when he was introduced,,
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I have to admit, it really is time to rename things - like Cuckold Creek.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

One I ran into years ago was named Putz.

My maiden name should offer trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

My 4th grade teacher's first name was Gay, we had a visitor to the class one day and he introduced himself "Hi I'm Bob", and her reply was "Hi, I'm Gay" and the entire class of 9 year olds erupted in laughter.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I worked years ago with a guy whose last name was Hor. I pity any daughters he may have had with that last name knowing the ribbing HE took.

Members who have read this thread: 67