Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Swineapple

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    Different strokes. I love to try new things and ways of cooking so this appeals to my sense of adventure.
    I get that for sure but I am not a meat/pineapple fan. My latest experiment is marinated smoked pork belly, came out very tasty. More useful as a flavoring agent than anything else.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

  2. #12
    ~*~ rara avis ~*~ jazz lady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    40,992
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I get that for sure but I am not a meat/pineapple fan. My latest experiment is marinated smoked pork belly, came out very tasty. More useful as a flavoring agent than anything else.
    I'll bet you think Hawaiian pizza is a crime against humanity, too.

    I have never tried pork belly but knowing it is mostly fat doesn't make it appealing to me as an entrée. But flavored and smoked like you did sounds like great flavor for something like bean soup.

  3. #13
    ~*~ rara avis ~*~ jazz lady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    40,992
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by getbent View Post
    Yes, we made one once. Cooked in the smoker. It was really good but fell apart easily. Guess it takes some practice but that didn't affect the flavor. A friend of ours came across a video on FB.


    This is not the video we used but I can't imagine they differ that much. This one give instructions for grilling it as well. https://tipbuzz.com/swineapple/
    Thanks. I looked at several videos and they were split on smoking versus barbecuing. Guess it is just personal preference.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    I'll bet you think Hawaiian pizza is a crime against humanity, too.

    I have never tried pork belly but knowing it is mostly fat doesn't make it appealing to me as an entrée. But flavored and smoked like you did sounds like great flavor for something like bean soup.
    Pineapple Pizza is an act of Satan... Along with Turkey Bacon.

  5. #15
    ~*~ rara avis ~*~ jazz lady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    40,992
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Pineapple Pizza is an act of Satan... Along with Turkey Bacon.
    I love Pineapple Pizza but agree with the turkey bacon.

Members who have read this thread: 47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |