Swineapple

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Basically it is pork-stuffed bacon-wrapped pineapple that is smoked or cooked over a barbecue.

Anybody try it and have a good recipe? :drool:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Basically it is pork-stuffed bacon-wrapped pineapple that is smoked or cooked over a barbecue.

Anybody try it and have a good recipe? :drool:

Yes, we made one once. Cooked in the smoker. It was really good but fell apart easily. Guess it takes some practice but that didn't affect the flavor. A friend of ours came across a video on FB.

This is not the video we used but I can't imagine they differ that much. This one give instructions for grilling it as well. https://tipbuzz.com/swineapple/

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I made something similar.

A fresh pineapple, cored, and stuffed with a marinated pork tenderloin. The entire thing was wrapped in bacon and put in the smoker.

Maybe it would have been better simply put in a low-temp oven, or on a low-temp grill. But in the smoker.....it was AWFUL. Like, I made two of them, and threw both of them away. Inedible, and you *know* how much I appreciate food.

I'd make it again, but definitely skip the smoker portion if the recipe.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I made something similar.

A fresh pineapple, cored, and stuffed with a marinated pork tenderloin. The entire thing was wrapped in bacon and put in the smoker.

Maybe it would have been better simply put in a low-temp oven, or on a low-temp grill. But in the smoker.....it was AWFUL. Like, I made two of them, and threw both of them away. Inedible, and you *know* how much I appreciate food.

I'd make it again, but definitely skip the smoker portion if the recipe.

Thanks! :love: I was wondering if a smoker was necessary or it was better on a barbecue. Especially since I don't HAVE a smoker. :lol:

I still want to try it and will research different recipes until I find one with really good reviews. :yay:

Bonehead

Different strokes. :shrug: I love to try new things and ways of cooking so this appeals to my sense of adventure. :lol:

I get that for sure but I am not a meat/pineapple fan. My latest experiment is marinated smoked pork belly, came out very tasty. More useful as a flavoring agent than anything else.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I get that for sure but I am not a meat/pineapple fan. My latest experiment is marinated smoked pork belly, came out very tasty. More useful as a flavoring agent than anything else.

I'll bet you think Hawaiian pizza is a crime against humanity, too. :lol:

I have never tried pork belly but knowing it is mostly fat doesn't make it appealing to me as an entrée. But flavored and smoked like you did sounds like great flavor for something like bean soup.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yes, we made one once. Cooked in the smoker. It was really good but fell apart easily. Guess it takes some practice but that didn't affect the flavor. A friend of ours came across a video on FB.

This is not the video we used but I can't imagine they differ that much. This one give instructions for grilling it as well. https://tipbuzz.com/swineapple/

Thanks. I looked at several videos and they were split on smoking versus barbecuing. Guess it is just personal preference. :shrug:

Wishbone

I'll bet you think Hawaiian pizza is a crime against humanity, too. :lol:

I have never tried pork belly but knowing it is mostly fat doesn't make it appealing to me as an entrée. But flavored and smoked like you did sounds like great flavor for something like bean soup.

Pineapple Pizza is an act of Satan... Along with Turkey Bacon.