Thread: 19 is the new 60

19 is the new 60

https://www.wsj.com/articles/19-is-t...-60-1502403563

When it comes to physical activity, 19 is the new 60. That’s according to a study published in June, which examined data from 12,500 people who wore tracking devices for a week. “Activity levels at the end of adolescence were alarmingly low,” said the study’s senior author, Johns Hopkins Prof. Vadim Zipunnikov, “and by age 19, they were comparable to 60-year-olds.”
    Last edited by Misfit; 08-12-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/19-is-t...-60-1502403563

When it comes to physical activity, 19 is the new 60. That’s according to a study published in June, which examined data from 12,500 people who wore tracking devices for a week. “Activity levels at the end of adolescence were alarmingly low,” said the study’s senior author, Johns Hopkins Prof. Vadim Zipunnikov, “and by age 19, they were comparable to 60-year-olds.”
    Many blame computers and the internet. I tend to agree.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

The real story, why are 60 year old as active as teenagers? Whose been lacing the geritol with amphetamines?

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    The real story, why are 60 year old as active as teenagers? Whose been lacing the geritol with amphetamines?
    Well, I'm a young 63 and don't need any of those products. They are way overrated.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Well, I'm a young 63 and don't need any of those products. They are way overrated.
    Well that makes two of us. Though I do drink a protein shake for lunch (not an ensure).

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    I'm 58. Not sure why they consider 60 "old and decrepid". It's certainly NOT the new 19 or vice versa.

Oh, yeah - I can run circles around a lot of the unfit, overweight teens I know, not to mention the overweight and unfit 20-somethings I work with.

I don't take or need geritol or amphetamines.

The way I feel, I must be the new 103.

Heard a great discussion about knee replacement surgery this morning; there seems to be a tie-in between lack of physical activity and the uptick of increase in osteoarthritis of the knee. One of the things that's really shifted in our world today is that we sit all the time, and kids sit all the time. And that may be affecting how our joints are forming and how our joints are aging. If cartilage is formed and more healthy when you're younger, then your joints are more likely to be functioning better and have less osteoarthritis when you get older.

Members who have read this thread: 56