Patuxent Boulevard/Route4/TJ Bridge traffic

Curious99

Curtis Homes is proposing to add 80 condos to the 360 homes already approved for Woods at Myrtle point on Patuxent Boulevard. They were turned down at the Planning Commission (a rare event) and have appealed to the Board Of Appeals which is even more pro-development than the Planning Commission. The hearing is August 24 in the Commissioners meeting room at 6:30. If you think the TJ bridge traffic is bad you may want to come to the hearing.
http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs/Notice of Public Hearing U-Haul_Woods.pdf

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Curtis Homes is proposing to add 80 condos to the 360 homes already approved for Woods at Myrtle point on Patuxent Boulevard. They were turned down at the Planning Commission (a rare event) and have appealed to the Board Of Appeals which is even more pro-development than the Planning Commission. The hearing is August 24 in the Commissioners meeting room at 6:30. If you think the TJ bridge traffic is bad you may want to come to the hearing. http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs/Notice of Public Hearing U-Haul_Woods.pdf

The TJ bride is just fine. Though, with its two narrow ascending lanes, the all concrete structure, built over 40 years ago, the traffic planners of the early 1970's took into account, and properly foresaw, the potential, and accounted for, with its awesome design, and near unlimited capacity, along with Rt 4, all the population and commercial growth we see today in the lower parts of Calvert and St. Mary's Counties, and, that of further growth farther into the future for at least another 30 years. So you see, those 360 homes and 80 condos have already been factored in to the daily load of the TJ bride and RT 4 traffic. Geez. Don't you people know anything? So stop wringing your hand over much to-do about nothing.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

The TJ bride is just fine. Though, with its two narrow ascending lanes, the all concrete structure, built over 40 years ago, the traffic planners of the early 1970's took into account, and properly foresaw, the potential, and accounted for, with its awesome design, and near unlimited capacity, along with Rt 4, all the population and commercial growth we see today in the lower parts of Calvert and St. Mary's Counties, and, that of further growth farther into the future for at least another 30 years. So you see, those 360 homes and 80 condos have already been factored in to the daily load of the TJ bride and RT 4 traffic. Geez. Don't you people know anything? So stop wringing your hand over much to-do about nothing.

Well written satire.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The best satire does.

Well, I don't have to worry about living in somd, anymore. But, I sure do miss it. Living in Montgomery County sucks, but I have to remember why I moved here. Love my dot so much! Y'all have it easy. Just remember y'all are surrounded on three sides by beautiful water in a county that is 7 miles wide and 60 miles long. Paradise. I miss my water. :frown:

Be careful of what you complain about.

Esample: The parking spots here for any given establishment are so small, you have to be a sardine, or one astute driver. My 4-runner has been hit twice with minor damage; so we didn't pursue because it is a 2003. This never happened when I lived in somd. You have to be a Barbie in a Barbie car and not be clostrophobc to survive here. I miss y'all. :bawl:

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just remember y'all are surrounded on three sides by beautiful water in a county that is 7 miles wide and 60 miles long.

A peninsula has three sides? St. Mary's is approximately 43 miles long and Calvert is approximately 37 miles long. To which county do you refer? And which county has three sides?

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

A peninsula has three sides? St. Mary's is approximately 43 miles long and Calvert is approximately 37 miles long. To which county do you refer? And which county has three sides?
giving her the benefit of the doubt, three bodies of water, Potomac and Patuxant Rivers and the bay.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A peninsula is 3 sided, a county on the other hand would have 4 or more sides (depending on the shape of the county) unless of course it was shaped like a triangle and then it would only have 3 sides like a peninsula but not really like a peninsula because a peninsula is not really shaped like a triangle, yet if a peninsula has broken off and fallen into the sea then it would have four sides and thus will have become an island unless eventually the sand has filled in the space between the island and the land, then it would be reconsidered and rezoned as a peninsula except when in the case where the body of land in which it has joined is not really phallic shaped but more of a rounded off globual mass of land, then and only then could it be considered a 2-5 sided county.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I would say st marys has three sides since it is roughly triangular and two are surrounded by water.

I might give calvert four (tossup between 3 and 4) sides with three on the water.

St. Mary's is bound by three bodies of water, the two rivers (Potomac and Patuxent) and the bay (NAS and South)