Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Patuxent Boulevard/Route4/TJ Bridge traffic

  1. #1

    Patuxent Boulevard/Route4/TJ Bridge traffic

    Curtis Homes is proposing to add 80 condos to the 360 homes already approved for Woods at Myrtle point on Patuxent Boulevard. They were turned down at the Planning Commission (a rare event) and have appealed to the Board Of Appeals which is even more pro-development than the Planning Commission. The hearing is August 24 in the Commissioners meeting room at 6:30. If you think the TJ bridge traffic is bad you may want to come to the hearing.
    http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs...Haul_Woods.pdf

  2. #2
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious99 View Post
    Curtis Homes is proposing to add 80 condos to the 360 homes already approved for Woods at Myrtle point on Patuxent Boulevard. They were turned down at the Planning Commission (a rare event) and have appealed to the Board Of Appeals which is even more pro-development than the Planning Commission. The hearing is August 24 in the Commissioners meeting room at 6:30. If you think the TJ bridge traffic is bad you may want to come to the hearing. http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs...Haul_Woods.pdf
    The TJ bride is just fine. Though, with its two narrow ascending lanes, the all concrete structure, built over 40 years ago, the traffic planners of the early 1970's took into account, and properly foresaw, the potential, and accounted for, with its awesome design, and near unlimited capacity, along with Rt 4, all the population and commercial growth we see today in the lower parts of Calvert and St. Mary's Counties, and, that of further growth farther into the future for at least another 30 years. So you see, those 360 homes and 80 condos have already been factored in to the daily load of the TJ bride and RT 4 traffic. Geez. Don't you people know anything? So stop wringing your hand over much to-do about nothing.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  3. #3
    Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

    The TJ bride is just fine. Though, with its two narrow ascending lanes, the all concrete structure, built over 40 years ago, the traffic planners of the early 1970's took into account, and properly foresaw, the potential, and accounted for, with its awesome design, and near unlimited capacity, along with Rt 4, all the population and commercial growth we see today in the lower parts of Calvert and St. Mary's Counties, and, that of further growth farther into the future for at least another 30 years. So you see, those 360 homes and 80 condos have already been factored in to the daily load of the TJ bride and RT 4 traffic. Geez. Don't you people know anything? So stop wringing your hand over much to-do about nothing.
    Well written satire.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

  4. #4
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    4,887
    I am so glad I don't have to drive north every day.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  5. #5
    I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere near that mess. I walk to work.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  6. #6
    I'll be glad when my commute to DC ends in favor of retirement.

    Only 9 short years to go.

  7. #7
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Well written satire.
    Thank you. Almost has a ring of truth to it, huh?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  8. #8
    Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Thank you. Almost has a ring of truth to it, huh?
    The best satire does.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    The best satire does.
    Well, I don't have to worry about living in somd, anymore. But, I sure do miss it. Living in Montgomery County sucks, but I have to remember why I moved here. Love my dot so much! Y'all have it easy. Just remember y'all are surrounded on three sides by beautiful water in a county that is 7 miles wide and 60 miles long. Paradise. I miss my water.

    Be careful of what you complain about.

    Esample: The parking spots here for any given establishment are so small, you have to be a sardine, or one astute driver. My 4-runner has been hit twice with minor damage; so we didn't pursue because it is a 2003. This never happened when I lived in somd. You have to be a Barbie in a Barbie car and not be clostrophobc to survive here. I miss y'all.
    Last edited by littlelady; 08-14-2017 at 02:36 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

  10. #10
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Just remember y'all are surrounded on three sides by beautiful water in a county that is 7 miles wide and 60 miles long.
    A peninsula has three sides? St. Mary's is approximately 43 miles long and Calvert is approximately 37 miles long. To which county do you refer? And which county has three sides?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Members who have read this thread: 107

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |