Hot Tub Repair

PeoplesElbow

You should get it upgraded instead of fixed.

Hottubtimemachinecover.jpg

OldHillcrestGuy

What do you need done? I've repaired mine myself, depends on what needs to be done.

The tub is outdoors and one day, it was doing its normal thing of cycling water about every 15-20 minutes and later in the day I noticed it wasn't doing it. My first thought was maybe the breaker flipped and I checked the plug and breaker box and then the breaker on the tub connection nothing seemed different, even used different extension cord no luck.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
The tub is outdoors and one day, it was doing its normal thing of cycling water about every 15-20 minutes and later in the day I noticed it wasn't doing it. My first thought was maybe the breaker flipped and I checked the plug and breaker box and then the breaker on the tub connection nothing seemed different, even used different extension cord no luck.

Reset all breakers associated with the hot tub, even if they do not looked tripped.

Then we can start troubleshooting more.

Let us know.

Chris0nllyn

Extention cord? Is this a normal hot tub or one of those blow up kind, or is it gas?

Assuming it's a "normal" hot tub, in addition to what DoWhat said above, check the pump(s). They often have onboard overload reset buttons so make sure they aren't tripped. Also, again assuming a normal hot tub with a control panel, check the control panel fuse(s). TURN OFF THE POWER FIRST! If none of those work, it's likely your control panel.

Spaguts.com offers replacements and I've gone with them before. It's an easy repair.

SandieGarry

If you look at the control panel, does it flash an error code? Mine does this when something isn't working. usually it's a clogged filter. It has also been low on water and flashed the appropriate code. Both times it didn't cycle on/off like normal.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
is the water too hot ?......like this ?..........

[video]http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/james-brown-celebrity-hot-tub-party/n9133?snl=1[/video]