Thread: Hot Tub Repair

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar

Hot Tub Repair

Any suggestions who to call in the Tri-County area for service.

What do you need done? I've repaired mine myself, depends on what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SandieGarry View Post
    What do you need done? I've repaired mine myself, depends on what needs to be done.
    I second this. They're pretty simple machines.

If you just want someone to do it, there's Hot Tubs Inc. in Owings (Calvert County). Or Scott's Pools in Prince Frederick. Neither of which have great ratings.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

You should get it upgraded instead of fixed.

Name:  Hottubtimemachinecover.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  25.0 KB
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SandieGarry View Post
    The tub is outdoors and one day, it was doing its normal thing of cycling water about every 15-20 minutes and later in the day I noticed it wasn't doing it. My first thought was maybe the breaker flipped and I checked the plug and breaker box and then the breaker on the tub connection nothing seemed different, even used different extension cord no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHillcrestGuy View Post
    The tub is outdoors and one day, it was doing its normal thing of cycling water about every 15-20 minutes and later in the day I noticed it wasn't doing it. My first thought was maybe the breaker flipped and I checked the plug and breaker box and then the breaker on the tub connection nothing seemed different, even used different extension cord no luck.
    Reset all breakers associated with the hot tub, even if they do not looked tripped.

Then we can start troubleshooting more.

Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHillcrestGuy View Post
    Extention cord? Is this a normal hot tub or one of those blow up kind, or is it gas?

Assuming it's a "normal" hot tub, in addition to what DoWhat said above, check the pump(s). They often have onboard overload reset buttons so make sure they aren't tripped. Also, again assuming a normal hot tub with a control panel, check the control panel fuse(s). TURN OFF THE POWER FIRST! If none of those work, it's likely your control panel.

Spaguts.com offers replacements and I've gone with them before. It's an easy repair.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

If you look at the control panel, does it flash an error code? Mine does this when something isn't working. usually it's a clogged filter. It has also been low on water and flashed the appropriate code. Both times it didn't cycle on/off like normal.

is the water too hot ?......like this ?..........

happier than a puppy with two weenies

Members who have read this thread: 38