Trump to roll back LGBT protections in Obamacare

Sapidus

During the discussion of baking cakes and providing services for LGBT individuals I've seen and heard a lot of people say that the line should be drawn with doctors. That doctors should not have the right to discriminate in who they treat in most cases and especially in life saving situations.

Well this newly proposed legislation would do exactly that.

Obviously we don't know if it will happen since Trump says a lot of things but is this something you would support?

Even if it meant a LGBT person living in a one doctor town would get worse or no care ?

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ed-to-roll-back-lgbt-protections-in-obamacare

Sapidus

You will still be able to buy your bras on sale.

Again going for a cheap not even clever joke instead of discussing a uncomfortable issue that could actual end up killing people. I've come to except nothingless from you. Your family would be proud.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
During the discussion of baking cakes and providing services for LGBT individuals I've seen and heard a lot of people say that the line should be drawn with doctors. That doctors should not have the right to discriminate in who they treat in most cases and especially in life saving situations.

Obviously we don't know if it will happen since Trump says a lot of things but is this something you would support?

Even if it meant a LGBT person living in a one doctor town would get worse or no care ?

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ed-to-roll-back-lgbt-protections-in-obamacare

Think about it for just a second - really, just a second, I promise it won't hurt much:

Would you want a doctor who was morally opposed to your lifestyle giving you medical treatment? Would you really trust that person to know what they're doing and give you proper care?

And I hate to break it to you, but tiny little one-horse towns with only one doctor aren't exactly thriving LGBT communities.

As usual, they told you to have a #### fit, so you did. Mindless.

Sapidus

Think about it for just a second - really, just a second, I promise it won't hurt much:

Would you want a doctor who was morally opposed to your lifestyle giving you medical treatment? Would you really trust that person to know what they're doing and give you proper care?

And I hate to break it to you, but tiny little one-horse towns with only one doctor aren't exactly thriving LGBT communities.

As usual, they told you to have a #### fit, so you did. Mindless.

Oh yeah and LGBT kids are only born in the middle of West Hollywood. What are you taking about? Why don't you think about that?

As usual you talk about stuff you have no idea about like you are an expert.

A doctor can be an important person to talk if your parents aren't supportive and you are in a small town.

No one told me to be outraged but I am outraged that a doctors " moral opposition" to the way someone was born supersedes a person basic right to good healthcare.

You should be outraged too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh yeah and LGBT kids are only born in the middle of

No one told me to be outraged but I am outraged that a doctors " moral opposition" to the way someone was born supersedes a person basic right to good healthcare.

You, one of those, are not from here.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:whoosh:

did you MISS THIS :

Would you want a doctor who was morally opposed to your lifestyle giving you medical treatment?
Would you really trust that person to know what they're doing and give you proper care?

This_person

Oh yeah and LGBT kids are only born in the middle of West Hollywood. What are you taking about? Why don't you think about that?

As usual you talk about stuff you have no idea about like you are an expert.

A doctor can be an important person to talk if your parents aren't supportive and you are in a small town.

In my humble opinion, the hypocratic oath wins here.

Every American citizen has the right to healthcare. Not a single citizen has the right to someone else's labor. That said, I have repeatedly said that "life and limb" services in areas where no other provider exists does reasonably rise to the level where the provider should not have the protection to deny service.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yes, and I'm sure someone who believes homosexuality etc is morally reprehensible would be the very best person for them to talk to. :yay: Not to mention kids don't talk to their freaking doctor about personal issues anyway.

It would behoove you to spend a second engaging your "brain" before you start having the #### fit you've been told to have.

Again, mindless. Either that or you're a fascist who doesn't want people to have their own opinions and moral codes. So which are you? Mindless or a fascist?

hotbikermama40

So insurers will not be forced to pay for abortions, or transgender services. Neither of tnose two qualify as life threatening situations. Lifestyle threatening...yes. Life threatening? No.

A sweeping 2016 final rule from the Obama administration prohibited healthcare providers and insurers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity, or termination of pregnancy, among other conditions.

It also required doctors and hospitals to provide “medically necessary” services to transgender individuals, as long as those services were the same ones provided to others.

That rule was challenged in court by a group of Christian providers called the Franciscan Alliance. They argue the rule forces insurers to pay for abortions and compels doctors to perform gender transition services, even if the services are against their medical judgment.

Sapidus

Yes, and I'm sure someone who believes homosexuality etc is morally reprehensible would be the very best person for them to talk to. :yay: Not to mention kids don't talk to their freaking doctor about personal issues anyway.

It would behoove you to spend a second engaging your "brain" before you start having the #### fit you've been told to have.

Again, mindless. Either that or you're a fascist who doesn't want people to have their own opinions and moral codes. So which are you? Mindless or a fascist?

Neither. Just because you say it doesn't happen doesn't make it true.

If someone is born not feeling comfortable in their body or gay and they go to church with their family and that church says gays will burn in hell is it so crazy to sssume they might talk to their doctor because they are scared of their families reaction?

The problem is you is you think you know everything but you only consider how you were raised and what you do. Can't you see out of 380 million people there might be some differences?

Sapidus

So insurers will not be forced to pay for abortions, or transgender services. Neither of tnose two qualify as life threatening situations. Lifestyle threatening...yes. Life threatening? No.

You must not have read to the point where doctors can choose to serve people or not based on their "morals". You would think the moral thing to do would be to treat everyone fairly but you must have skipped church that day or you just pick and choose what suits you from the Bible

hotbikermama40

You must not have read to the point where doctors can choose to serve people or not based on their "morals". You would think the moral thing to do would be to treat everyone fairly but you must have skipped church that day or you just pick and choose what suits you from the Bible

Wrong. Again. Doctors would be, and should be able to decide whether or not they want to provide elective DNC's or gender modifications. Only radicals in the ACLU & LGBT are determined to ASSume that also means denying medical treatments to those who are trans or have had abortions.

littlelady

God bless the USA

This is my reply to the LBGT...whatever community, and I didn't read this thread. Gay people cannot sustain the world, as in producing future generations, without the help of Heteros. Period. You're welcome.

It has nothing to do with healthcare, and all to do with making the world go round. Are you serious, Sap? The world is dunskies without what God intended. Adam and Eve, and all. I would not give my last egg to a gay person. It is not their fault they are that way, but they would end the world without nukes. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Sapidus

This is my reply to the LBGT...whatever community, and I didn't read this thread. Gay people cannot sustain the world, as in producing future generations, without the help of Heteros. Period. You're welcome.

It has nothing to do with healthcare, and all to do with making the world go round. Are you serious, Sap? The world is dunskies without what God intended. Adam and Eve, and all. I would not give my last egg to a gay person. It is not their fault they are that way, but they would end the world without nukes. Just sayin'.

Well they are raising thousands of unwanted foster and adopted children and some of those kid might procreate.

Sapidus

Wrong. Again. Doctors would be, and should be able to decide whether or not they want to provide elective DNC's or gender modifications. Only radicals in the ACLU & LGBT are determined to ASSume that also means denying medical treatments to those who are trans or have had abortions.

Where do you come up with this insanity?

It was literally in the quote from the article that you quoted. It said nothing about abortion , or DNC's

Try reading it again very slowly.

"A sweeping 2016 final rule from the Obama administration prohibited healthcare providers and insurers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity, or termination of pregnancy, among other conditions.

It also required doctors and hospitals to provide “medically necessary” services to transgender individuals, as long as those services were the same ones provided to others. "