First they tore down Confederate monuments. Next they’ll come for the Founders.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
After Charlottesville, Mayor Plans To Remove Baltimore’s Confederate Monuments

In wake of Charlottesville, protests take aim at Nathan Bedford Forrest bust in Tennessee Capitol

About 60 activists condemning white supremacy gathered at the state Capitol today in opposition to the bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest housed there.

The demonstrations and violent actions by white nationalists in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend began as a protest to the planned removal of a Robert E. Lee statue and turned deadly when, according to authorities, a 20-year-old Ohio man rammed his car into a crowd of counter protesters.

Confederate Monuments at Kentucky Courthouse Will Be Moved, Lexington Mayor Says

Hours after a protest organized by white nationalists against the removal of a Confederate monument erupted into violence and chaos in Charlottesville, Va., the mayor of Lexington, Ky., said he would speed up plans to relocate similar statues from the city’s former courthouse.

The mayor, Jim Gray, said in a statement that plans to move the statues were planned before the violence in Charlottesville, which killed a 32-year-old woman and injured at least 34 others. He said what happened there “accelerated the announcement I intended to make next week.”

“We have thoroughly examined this issue, and heard from many of our citizens,” he said in the statement posted on Saturday.

The statues of John Hunt Morgan, a Confederate general, and John C. Breckinridge, the 14th vice president of the United States who also served as the Confederate secretary of war, are on the grounds of Lexington’s former courthouse.

Gainesville removes Confederate statute
Statue returned to local chapter of United Daughters of the Confederacy

Tech

When are they going to change the name of the bridge, named after that racist Wilson?

This_person

I can't believe we still have states named for English monarchy. I mean, we're a democratic republic, not beholden to monarchies. WTF, people!!??

glhs837

Power with Control
I can't believe we still have states named for English monarchy. I mean, we're a democratic republic, not beholden to monarchies. WTF, people!!??

Iknowrite!!! Just think, all the indigenous peoples those monarchs enslaved and brutalized, no more Prince this and Queen that. Calvert? Nope, cant have that. Heck, lets rename Washington while we are at it.

Hijinx

Surprised they haven't torn down the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument.

I wonder how these Mofo's would feel if we removed the MLK Jr. Statue?

It's time this BS stopped before real trouble comes.

ginwoman

Surprised they haven't torn down the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument.

I wonder how these Mofo's would feel if we removed the MLK Jr. Statue?

It's time this BS stopped before real trouble comes.

Real trouble is here. I wonder if eventually all the statues they remove will have to literally be destroyed to appease the left. It's all so sad and sickening.

littlelady

God bless the USA
:yay:...:like: all comments in this thread...dangerous times we are living in...the situation needs to be arrested...pun intended...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Following various calls to remove Confederate statues — and George Washington's name from public parks — a leftist group now seeks to remove the name "Faneuil" from the famed Faneuil Hall in Boston, Massachusetts.

Peter Faneuil, a wealthy merchant and original Bostonian, proposed the Hall in 1740, and it has served as a meeting place, and shopping and dining destination since the mid-18th century. Called the "Cradle of Liberty," the Hall has played host to a number of historic events, including the launch of a campaign to give blacks the right to vote following the Civil War.

But Kevin Peterson, the leader of the New Democracy Coalition, told a group of reporters following a post-Charlottesville prayer service that his organization wishes to change the famed Revolutionary building name, because Peter Faneuil, a Revolutionary War hero and the building's namesake, was a known slave owner and trader, and the building was partially funded by profits from his slave trade.

Now Leftists Want To Rename Boston’s Faneuil Hall

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'Vice' Editor: Let's Get Rid Of Mount Rushmore

'Vice' Editor: Let's Get Rid Of Mount Rushmore

In a piece originally titled “Let’s Blow Up Mount Rushmore” and later changed to “Let’s Get Rid of Mount Rushmore,” Wilbert L. Cooper, senior editor at Vice.com, taking the lead from a satirical piece from The Daily Caller titled "It's Time to Blow Up Mount Rushmore” that mocked the leftist urge to rewrite American history, got deadly serious about truly destroying the monument.

Cooper noted President Trump’s comments in which he decried the destroying of monuments to American historical figures, asserting that the slippery slope created by such efforts would lead to the removal of statues to giants like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Cooper wrote of the founders of America:

Which made me wonder: If Rushmore ever did get "blown up," what should those dudes be replaced with? Fact is, I'm not sure there is any American president worthy of being etched into the side of a 60-foot mountain with explosives and jackhammers. I mean, every single one has at least been partially complicit in horrific atrocities.

If calling the protean figures who founded and protected our nation weren’t disparaging enough, Cooper continued:

I visited Mount Rushmore in the summer of 2015, and it's nothing like Abe Lincoln squatting on his (recently vandalized) throne or George Washington's phallus towering over everything in DC. Instead, Rushmore is a testament to the human ability to conquer nature in our own image. Standing in front of it conjured feelings of both wonder and disgust in me.

After a cursory compliment, “Obviously, Washington and Thomas Jefferson were remarkable individuals who helped usurp British rule in America and, eventually, establish a new empire,” Cooper added, “but they also enslaved their fellow man, committing special kinds of inhumane acts that should never be confined to footnotes.”

Cooper tries to mitigate the outrageousness of his statements by protesting that he wouldn’t want a statue of Barack Obama, either.

Hijinx

The violence is working.

Instead of controlling the violence the cowardly leaders of these cities are shying away from it.
They are afraid to protect any white person who is protesting the tearing down the Statues.
Calling white people in opposition White Nationalists or Supremicists painting them all with the brush of racist.
At the same time they are acceding to the wishes of the mobs. The violent mobs who wear black hoodies and masks.
Cowards.

If the law meant anything they would shut down these mobs.
Make them behave like Americans and protest peacefully, and after the calm open a discussion of what to do with the statues.
Of course they aren't doing this. They are acting in a cowardly way and acceding to the wishes of the mob./

What will they do when the other side has enough?

Hijinx

And what is Congress doing.
People who should know better like Chuck the Schmuck and Auntie Maxine ar calling for the removal of the legally elected President.

They have placed the Congress in gridlock,and are helping in the destruction of America.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Not to mention all of the Christian names in St Mary's county. St Inigoes, St. Clements Island, St Georges Island, St. Mary's College,etc.

..and ban all Religions whose adherents once own slaves.

Hijinx

Not to mention all of the Christian names in St Mary's county. St Inigoes, St. Clements Island, St Georges Island, St. Mary's College,etc.

..and ban all Religions whose adherents once own slaves.

Just wait a while, It's coming.