Politico: Obama team was warned in 2014 about Russian interference

PsyOps

Pixelated
Obama team was warned in 2014 about Russian interference

The Obama administration received multiple warnings from national security officials between 2014 and 2016 that the Kremlin was ramping up its intelligence operations and building disinformation networks it could use to disrupt the U.S. political system, according to more than half a dozen current and former officials.

As early as 2014, the administration received a report that quoted a well-connected Russian source as saying that the Kremlin was building a disinformation arm that could be used to interfere in Western democracies. The report, according to an official familiar with it, included a quote from the Russian source telling U.S. officials in Moscow, "You have no idea how extensive these networks are in Europe ... and in the U.S., Russia has penetrated media organizations, lobbying firms, political parties, governments and militaries in all of these places."

So, collusion, by Trump? It looks more like Obama just plain ignoring the warning by the intel community. I believe we need a special counsel to look into this. When you are warned that another country is going to intrude in on our democratic process and ignore those MULTIPLE warnings, you have made yourself a participant in that illegal behavior. Collusion? Your damn straight!

PsyOps

Pixelated
He was counting on the Uranium sale to ensure Russian loyalty to the Democrats.

These people spin such a complex web of lies and deceptions that it becomes impossible to center in on any of it. I have longed believed the Obama was sleeping deeply with the Russians on a plethora of levels.

• The reset
  • Ignoring the annexation of Crimea
  • The Uranium deal
  • Ignoring Russian actions in Syria
  • Allowing Russian planes to buzz ours and our naval ships
  • Ignoring the warnings of Russian meddling in our elections

And they effectively flipped everything over on Trump with this collusion bit. The democrats are experts at this sort of game of deception. And, ironically enough, with this collusion thing, many republicans decided to play along, simply out of their hate for Trump.

Midnightrider

So, collusion, by Trump? It looks more like Obama just plain ignoring the warning by the intel community. I believe we need a special counsel to look into this. When you are warned that another country is going to intrude in on our democratic process and ignore those MULTIPLE warnings, you have made yourself a participant in that illegal behavior. Collusion? Your damn straight!

Did they ignore it? It sounds like the FBI and others were looking into it and that is likely how they caught Flynn in his lies. I know you guys think the unmasking was done as an attack on trump, but it would line up nicely with the feds trying to do something about potential Russian collusion.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Did they ignore it? It sounds like the FBI and others were looking into it and that is likely how they caught Flynn in his lies. I know you guys think the unmasking was done as an attack on trump, but it would line up nicely with the feds trying to do something about potential Russian collusion.

There it is again. :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I know you guys think the unmasking was done as an attack on trump, but it would line up nicely with the feds trying to do something about potential Russian collusion.

I don't think anything of the sort of the unmasking. I think it was a violation of the 4th of those unmasked.

This_person

These people spin such a complex web of lies and deceptions that it becomes impossible to center in on any of it. I have longed believed the Obama was sleeping deeply with the Russians on a plethora of levels.

• The reset
  • Ignoring the annexation of Crimea
  • The Uranium deal
  • Ignoring Russian actions in Syria
  • Allowing Russian planes to buzz ours and our naval ships
  • Ignoring the warnings of Russian meddling in our elections

And they effectively flipped everything over on Trump with this collusion bit. The democrats are experts at this sort of game of deception. And, ironically enough, with this collusion thing, many republicans decided to play along, simply out of their hate for Trump.

So, we find out Trump campaign officials were asked to meet with the Russian government and DECLINED to do so, then we find out from a far leftist source (The Nation) that Russians never hacked into the DNC, it was an inside job (which is why they want you to look the other way from Seth Rich's murder, likely ordered by Podesta on HRC's behalf), and now we find out Obama was aware the Russians wanted a disinformation campaign but did nothing.

When you look at how the DNC has acted and reacted, it is almost as if they didn't want Hillary.

Oh, wait, we know from the fact that they had to cheat Bernie out of his due that they knew at least VOTERS didn't want Hillary.

Midnightrider

Do you want them to ignore the intelligence or do you want them to do something about it? If they aren't going to watch/investigate the Russians how do you suggest obama should have handled it?

This_person

Do you want them to ignore the intelligence or do you want them to do something about it? If they aren't going to watch/investigate the Russians how do you suggest obama should have handled it?

Maybe not quickly dismiss it?

The OP Article said:
...the administration was too quick to dismiss the possibility that the Kremlin incursions could reach the United States.

Or, maybe having a plan for cyber attacks (this is not the first year we've had computers):

The OP Article said:
“People have criticized us ... for not coming out more forcefully and saying it,” former CIA Director John Brennan said at the Aspen National Forum in July. “There was no playbook for this.”

Maybe be willing to sign off on appropriate retaliatory measures?

The OP Article said:
Intelligence officials "had a list of things they could never get the signoffs on,” one intelligence official said. “The truth is, nobody wanted to piss off the Russians.”

Hijinx

How do we know this is true. There is no proof, In fact Obama's non action on it tells me it's BS.
Fact is this is coming from
The Obama administration received multiple warnings from national security officials between 2014 and 2016 that the Kremlin was ramping up its intelligence operations and building disinformation networks it could use to disrupt the U.S. political system, according to more than half a dozen current and former officials.

According to more than half a dozen current Obama leftovers and former Obama officials.

Now I am supposed to trust them? They are probably the leakers.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I really don't understand your questions. The point is, this Russians were trying to disrupt our elections long before Trump even entered into the race. Obama was warned multiple times and he did nothing. This is EVIDENCE (along with the other evidence I provided in my previous post) that Obama is the one who colluded.