Under Armour, Intel CEOs join Merck, step down from Trump's council

Chris0nllyn

Two more business leaders have stepped down from Donald Trump's American Manufacturing Council in reaction to his Charlottesville response.

Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank revealed on Monday afternoon that he was stepping down from the council to 'focus on inspiring and uniting through power of sport'.

A few hours later, he was joined by Intel CEO Brian Krzanich.

Their resignations come less than a day after Merck pharmaceuticals CEO Kenneth Frazier announced he was leaving the group.

'Politics and political agendas have sidelined the importance of rebuilding America's manufacturing based,' he wrote in a lengthy statement.

'I resigned to call attention to the serious harm our divided political climate is causing to critical issues, including the serious need to address the decline of American manufacturing.'

Krzanich added that he hoped the country would once again honor those who 'stood up for equality and other cherished American values'.

'My request—my plea—to everyone involved in our political system is this: set scoring political points aside and focus on what is best for the nation as a whole.'

'The current environment must change, or else our nation will become a shadow of what it once was and what it still can and should be.'

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, one of the top labor leaders in the country, called on Trump to 'unequivocally denounce the actions of bigoted domestic terrorists in Charlottesville'.

'We are aware of the decisions by other members of the President's Manufacturing Counil, which has yet to hold any real meeting, and are assessing our role,' he said in a widely-released statement.

'While the AFL-CIO will remain a powerful voice for the freedoms of working people, there are real questions into the effectiveness of this council to deliver real policy that lifts working families.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Intel-CEO-resign-Trump-business-council.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump was quite clear in denouncing the violence on Saturday. I'm not sure where the disconnect is for the union boss. But I'ma guess these titans of industry don't really want to stop using their sweat shops and outsourcing, and that's the real reason why they are jumping ship. Because honestly, if those lame excuses ring true to you, you have some serious cognitive issues.

The Left has been against Big Pharma and sweat shops and outsourcing since forever. They are also anti-corporate and anti-capitalism. Will they now cheer their former mortal enemies because they have denounced the new mortal enemy?

Chris0nllyn

Trump was quite clear in denouncing the violence on Saturday. I'm not sure where the disconnect is for the union boss. But I'ma guess these titans of industry don't really want to stop using their sweat shops and outsourcing, and that's the real reason why they are jumping ship. Because honestly, if those lame excuses ring true to you, you have some serious cognitive issues.

The Left has been against Big Pharma and sweat shops and outsourcing since forever. They are also anti-corporate and anti-capitalism. Will they now cheer their former mortal enemies because they have denounced the new mortal enemy?

I think it's because Trump had the opportunity to denounce what was happening there two days before he did. He was asked about it and ignored the question.

I hate it when people talk about bringin back manufacturing to America. It'll never happen. Not like it did in the hay-day at least. Automation coupled with lower costs of manufacturing overseas will never produce a surge of American manufacturing work.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think it's because Trump had the opportunity to denounce what was happening there two days before he did. He was asked about it and ignored the question.

I hate it when people talk about bringin back manufacturing to America. It'll never happen. Not like it did in the hay-day at least. Automation coupled with lower costs of manufacturing overseas will never produce a surge of American manufacturing work.

So unlike Obama, he didn't react immediately without ALL of the facts, and then get the facts wrong..

So that's BAD???

I guess you expect Trump to invite AntiFa to the WhiteHouse??

Or maybe a Beer summit with AntiFA, BLM and the White Supremacists?? That would be fun, wouldn't it??

Besides that I swear I saw him on TV THAT night.. denouncing ALL violence from ALL hate groups.. Of do you believe violence from some Hate Groups are ok, and he should specify which ones that violence is bad??

Chris0nllyn

So unlike Obama, he didn't react immediately without ALL of the facts, and then get the facts wrong..

So that's BAD???

Or maybe a Beer summit with AntiFA, BLM and the White Supremacists?? That would be fun, wouldn't it??

Besides that I swear I saw him on TV THAT night.. denouncing ALL violence from ALL hate groups.. Of do you believe violence from some Hate Groups are ok, and he should specify which ones that violence is bad??

I was answerng Vrai's question. My expectations of Trump are few and far between.

Hijinx

So that's BAD???

Of do you believe violence from some Hate Groups are ok, and he should specify which ones that violence is bad??
[/QUOTE]

I believe you hit the nail on the head.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

FACT: Trump denounced the violence on Saturday, the day of the violence. No, really! I can prove it! So whatever source you're paying attention to that's telling you Trump didn't say anything until two days later? Yeah, they're lying.

OPINION: You're right - we're probably not going to bring back manufacturing in this country because hey, why work if you can get a government check while laying on your ass? We cry about losing jobs and Chinese sweat shops, but when push comes to shove what we really want to do is pretend we care while buying cheap crap from WalMart. Just like when "workers" cry that there are no jobs, they don't really mean that. What they really mean is that they don't want to get up and go to work every day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Besides that I swear I saw him on TV THAT night.

Either you did, or there's a bunch of us who had the same hallucination.

The proper term for what the media is doing is "gaslighting". According to Wiki:

Gaslighting or gas-lighting is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Hijinx

There is no way to be rational and explain anything to Trump Haters.

They refuse to listen to facts and would much rather have their little minds filled with BS from their side.

Chris0nllyn

FACT: Trump denounced the violence on Saturday, the day of the violence. No, really! I can prove it! So whatever source you're paying attention to that's telling you Trump didn't say anything until two days later? Yeah, they're lying.

OPINION: You're right - we're probably not going to bring back manufacturing in this country because hey, why work if you can get a government check while laying on your ass? We cry about losing jobs and Chinese sweat shops, but when push comes to shove what we really want to do is pretend we care while buying cheap crap from WalMart. Just like when "workers" cry that there are no jobs, they don't really mean that. What they really mean is that they don't want to get up and go to work every day.

There's video of him at the podium and ignoring questions on white nationalists. I'm not saying he didn't mention it, he did. All I said was that I think it's because of x only because I saw mention of it somewhere along the line.

Remember when the right thought Obama essentially gave BLM the green light and gave a vague message on the violence they had going for them at the time? Remember when the right said he should denounce the group, specifically, because his statement wasn't direct enough? The exact same thing is happeneing here. The left wants Trump to call out the white nationalists and Nazis, specifically, but since he gave a broad "violence on many sides" statement originally, then came back 2 days later with a more specific statement where he called out the white nationalists and nazis by name, the left is upset about it.

In terms of jobs, I don't think welfare plays into manufacturing jobs that much. Jobs are being added across the country and our company alone has 134 open jobs in the USA at this moment, but the old political battle cry of "more manufacturing jobs in the US" is simply a farse and, as you said, due to labor and manufacturing outsourcing at much cheaper labor rates, these sorts of jobs simply won't be back. Unions and people are not going to accept the pennies on the dollar pay wages to work in a factory. Instead, companies are investing in automation where machines can crank out material much faster with better precision than people. As long as Americans love their cheap #### from Wal-Mart, manufacturing will never be back like it was back in the day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's video of him at the podium and ignoring questions on white nationalists.

That would be one of the times he denounced the violence. There have been at least three others, one of which was Saturday late afternoon.

And the video you're talking about - watch the whole thing, not just the clip your handlers want you to see. Trump answered the question at least twice, and they kept asking the same question, which had already been answered. Very similar to how they harangued him to denounce David Duke after he'd already done it a thousand times. So when he finally says, "Look, I've already answered that question and I'm not doing it again," they can all collectively scream that Trump "wouldn't answer the questions!"

Real question: do you just enjoy being brainwashed? Does it feel good to remain ignorant and let the media do your thinking for you? Seriously. Because you come across as a reasonably intelligent person, and I can't think why you buy into this cherrypicking and monothink. So it must feel good to be "part of a group" and allow them to manipulate you. Does it?

Wishbone

Real question: do you just enjoy being brainwashed? Does it feel good to remain ignorant and let the media do your thinking for you? Seriously. Because you come across as a reasonably intelligent person, and I can't think why you buy into this cherrypicking and monothink. So it must feel good to be "part of a group" and allow them to manipulate you. Does it?

Now now... He's an independent thinker and NOT a Democrat Tool.

Just ask him.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
1) "What about the alt-left that came charging in—excuse me—what about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt-right? Do they have any semblance of guilt? Let me ask you this. What about the fact that they came charging with clubs in the hands, swinging clubs? Do they have any problem? I think they do."

2) "I'm not finished. I'm not finished, fake news."

3) "You had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent, and nobody wants to say that. But I'll say it right now."

4) "I've condemned neo-Nazis. I've condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis. Believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch."

14 Memorable Quotes From Trump’s Wild Press Conference