What are the dog houses on stilts?

sparkyaclown

I have seen several houses around the St Marys that have what looks like a dog house on stilts about 3 feet off the ground with a chimney coming out of the top in their yards. I would almost have said it's an incubator of some sort but I've seen them in yards that didn't appear to have any kind of livestock. Anyone know what they are? It's a wooden structure so I wouldn't expect it to utilize any high heat.

sparkyaclown

Definitely not one of those, the ones I've seen are not anywhere near the actual house or any other building, plus there is only a chimney coming out of the top there is nothing else coming out of it.

Meat smoker maybe.
I had considered that also but it would have to be a cold smoker and I would've thought there would be a firebox close by hooked to it. I'll have to try and get a photo of one next time I pass by one.

PeoplesElbow

Definitely not one of those, the ones I've seen are not anywhere near the actual house or any other building, plus there is only a chimney coming out of the top there is nothing else coming out of it.

I had considered that also but it would have to be a cold smoker and I would've thought there would be a firebox close by hooked to it. I'll have to try and get a photo of one next time I pass by one.

Not necessarily.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/262370/wood-magazine-plans-for-propane-smoker-cabinet

nutz

I have seen several houses around the St Marys that have what looks like a dog house on stilts about 3 feet off the ground with a chimney coming out of the top in their yards. I would almost have said it's an incubator of some sort but I've seen them in yards that didn't appear to have any kind of livestock. Anyone know what they are? It's a wooden structure so I wouldn't expect it to utilize any high heat.

goat house?
https://gollygeegoats.tumblr.com/info#item_1946167

littlelady

God bless the USA

Post a pic. That would be helpful. Inquiring minds want to know what it is. Thanks.

Grumpy

Oh Christ, cant let the wife see these..... an old friend of hers has a pet goat. Not adding a goat to the four dogs and two cats, and apparently 1/2 the hummingbird population of SOMD performing what looks like recreations of the Death Star battle around my house all day vying for the feeders.... got no time for goats or chickens.

Must be some cross pollination between your wife and mine...4 dogs, 6 cats, cockatiel, corn snake. 5 hummer feeders, 10 lbs of sugar weekly..

glhs837

Power with Control
Must be some cross pollination between your wife and mine...4 dogs, 6 cats, cockatiel, corn snake. 5 hummer feeders, 10 lbs of sugar weekly..

Her response to snakes = NUKE IT FROM ORBIT, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE"

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
There's one at the brick house near Anderson's ball field. Hubby says it is an outdoor wood furnace. Maybe for the barn. It looks similar to the link someone posted but smaller.

tipsymcgee

There's one at the brick house near Anderson's ball field. Hubby says it is an outdoor wood furnace. Maybe for the barn. It looks similar to the link someone posted but smaller.

Yes, that one is definitely a furnace. The man that lives there actually is a rep and installs them also.