Texas Bans Taxpayer-Funded Abortions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pro-life Victory: Texas Bans Taxpayer-Funded Abortions

Texas has once again taken a giant leap ahead of the rest of the nation on the morality front by doing what should be self-evident to every freethinking person "from sea to shining sea" by restricting taxpayer-funded abortions.

Signed into law Tuesday by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, the new bill will free Texans from paying for "elective abortions through their insurance plans," according to an article on LifeSiteNews.

"As a firm believer in Texas values I am proud to sign legislation that ensures no Texan is ever required to pay for a procedure that ends the life of an unborn child,” Gov. Abbott said. “This bill prohibits insurance providers from forcing Texas policy holders to subsidize elective abortions. I am grateful to the Texas legislature for getting this bill to my desk, and working to protect innocent life this special session.”

“What we’re saying here is: If you want to buy this coverage, you can buy it,” Republican Rep. John Smithee said when the bill hit the state legislature. “This isn’t about who can get an abortion. It is about who is forced to pay for an abortion.”

:yay:

hotbikermama40

Pro-life Victory: Texas Bans Taxpayer-Funded Abortions

Texas has once again taken a giant leap ahead of the rest of the nation on the morality front by doing what should be self-evident to every freethinking person "from sea to shining sea" by restricting taxpayer-funded abortions.

Signed into law Tuesday by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, the new bill will free Texans from paying for "elective abortions through their insurance plans," according to an article on LifeSiteNews.

"As a firm believer in Texas values I am proud to sign legislation that ensures no Texan is ever required to pay for a procedure that ends the life of an unborn child,” Gov. Abbott said. “This bill prohibits insurance providers from forcing Texas policy holders to subsidize elective abortions. I am grateful to the Texas legislature for getting this bill to my desk, and working to protect innocent life this special session.”

“What we’re saying here is: If you want to buy this coverage, you can buy it,” Republican Rep. John Smithee said when the bill hit the state legislature. “This isn’t about who can get an abortion. It is about who is forced to pay for an abortion.”

:yay:

God bless Texas! :dingding: