Charlottesville: Where freedom of speech died?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

As a constitutional conservative (and Christian), I find white supremacy and the KKK repugnant, but if their ability to assemble and to speak is abridged without a ruling by the courts, who is it that has made this judgment? Do there exist arbiters in our society who have been granted special authority to rule on one's speech to determine what is allowable and what is hate? Politicians? The media? Academicians? Pundits? What about the mob?

Who, short of America's Supreme Court, has the authority to rule something hate speech?

What emboldened the Nazis was their ability, through propaganda (and force), to unilaterally depict Jews and the sick as less than human and an enemy of the people. This provided "the German people" justification to commit despicable acts while maintaining moral authority.

I fear a handful of idiots with bad haircuts and silly uniforms far less than the circumvention of our constitutional rights. If these self-appointed judges can determine that "white nationalists" are haters (before they've spoken or assembled), what will stop them from categorizing any American of Caucasian descent who supports our Constitution and limited government within this "nationalist" classification? Does anyone doubt, with the drumbeat against "white privilege" on college campuses, that it will one day be determined (by these judges) that all white persons are haters? Could a white person atone for his sin, by denouncing the Constitution, joining the Democratic Party, or pledging fealty to this new authority? How many fingers am I holding up?

[clip]

Y'all got played. You (we) all are racists now. Mark my words: conservative speech will be inexorably curtailed moving forward. Ideas on governance will have a narrow permitted field of play. Watch your Ps and Qs – Big Brother is watching, and his brownshirts are at the ready.

Free speech died today in America.

Last edited:

Hijinx

As a constitutional conservative (and Christian), I find white supremacy and the KKK repugnant, but if their ability to assemble and to speak is abridged without a ruling by the courts, who is it that has made this judgment? Do there exist arbiters in our society who have been granted special authority to rule on one's speech to determine what is allowable and what is hate? Politicians? The media? Academicians? Pundits? What about the mob?

Who, short of America's Supreme Court, has the authority to rule something hate speech?

What emboldened the Nazis was their ability, through propaganda (and force), to unilaterally depict Jews and the sick as less than human and an enemy of the people. This provided "the German people" justification to commit despicable acts while maintaining moral authority.

I fear a handful of idiots with bad haircuts and silly uniforms far less than the circumvention of our constitutional rights. If these self-appointed judges can determine that "white nationalists" are haters (before they've spoken or assembled), what will stop them from categorizing any American of Caucasian descent who supports our Constitution and limited government within this "nationalist" classification? Does anyone doubt, with the drumbeat against "white privilege" on college campuses, that it will one day be determined (by these judges) that all white persons are haters? Could a white person atone for his sin, by denouncing the Constitution, joining the Democratic Party, or pledging fealty to this new authority? How many fingers am I holding up?

[clip]

Y'all got played. You (we) all are racists now. Mark my words: conservative speech will be inexorably curtailed moving forward. Ideas on governance will have a narrow permitted field of play. Watch your Ps and Qs – Big Brother is watching, and his brownshirts are at the ready.

Free speech died today in America.

The press painted every person there who wanted to preserve heritage as a White nationalist
They spotted a few Nazis and all of a sudden it was a Berlin nazi rally.