I'll tell you what I have noticed in my travels...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The more Democrat controlled a city is, the more homeless people you see out panhandling on the streets. Here in Burlington, Des Moines, Austin, Boston, Salt Lake City... Now, we can say that because they are Democrat controlled cities, the homeless are naturally attracted to them. Except for the part where you'd think there would be facilities in place for these people to live and get a meal, and yet there doesn't seem to be, judging by the number of them begging on the streets.

Oklahoma City - Republican mayor, no noticeable street people
Omaha, NE - Republican mayor, no noticeable street people
Jacksonville, FL - Republican mayor, no noticeable street people

There are a number of factors to be considered and debated, but basic logic says that if Democrats "care" about poor people and the homeless, their cities would have programs and facilities for them and they wouldn't have to beg on the streets.

Wishbone

There are a number of factors to be considered and debated, but basic logic says that if Democrats "care" about poor people and the homeless, their cities would have programs and facilities for them and they wouldn't have to beg on the streets.

They're not really problems... They're only talking points for elections.

Just like I was saying about the Civil war and the abolitionists.

When the war was over, what were they doing to help these poor people that were oh so important to go to war?

Nothing. Nada. Diddly. Squat. Diddly-squat.

Last edited: