‘The Atlantic’ Editor Compares Antifa To WWII Allies. Um, No.

SamSpade

What do you think might have happened in Charlottesville if no one showed up to counter-protest?

Chris0nllyn

Well, their new call is to revoke permits for any right wing group to protest or demonstrate. So you tell me what taking away a group's First Amendment right is more like: WWII soldiers, or Chairman Mao?

It's too bad the people allowed govt. so much power as to limit free speech via a permit.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What do you think might have happened in Charlottesville if no one showed up to counter-protest?

Or city officials had not (it's being reported) conspired to have the two groups clash...and instead let law enforcement keep them well apart from each other?

Hijinx

And where did all those people come from?
Were they bused in?
Where did they disappear to after it was over.
Antifa disappeared right after this thing.

Who paid for the buses?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's too bad the people allowed govt. so much power as to limit free speech via a permit.

You don't need a permit to speak, you need a permit to shut down part of a city in order to hold your protest. How is it that, at your age, you don't understand that?

SamSpade

Just out of curiosity - what did the protesters actually get to SAY? Were there any speeches? Was there any program carried out? Do we have transcripts?

From what I can tell, we have a few pics of skinheads and neo-Nazis, a few snippets of chants and largely - a lot of nothing.
Frankly what I know about this is damned little except what we're told, and it's pretty scant.

Wishbone

Just out of curiosity - what did the protesters actually get to SAY? Were there any speeches? Was there any program carried out? Do we have transcripts?

From what I can tell, we have a few pics of skinheads and neo-Nazis, a few snippets of chants and largely - a lot of nothing.
Frankly what I know about this is damned little except what we're told, and it's pretty scant.

None of that was of interest to the press.

Wishbone

What I'd HEARD - was they never got that chance at ALL. So I want to know if I am wrong.

We have all HEARD they were hateful skinheads, but I see a few pics and little substance.

The only thing broadcast while I was watching live was the fighting. Before and after there was only commentary by talking heads and commercials.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
What I'd HEARD - was they never got that chance at ALL. So I want to know if I am wrong.

We have all HEARD they were hateful skinheads, but I see a few pics and little substance.

Thought the sh!t hit the fan prior to the scheduled start of the Unite the Right rally.

Hijinx

Frankly what I know about this is damned little except what we're told, and and not always truthful.

The Media has slanted this thing so that every person there was a Nazi or a skinhead.
Personally I do not agree with condemning the Confederate flag or tearing down statues or other historical monuments, and I would bet there were many people like me at that rally who were not skinheads or white nationalists, but merely against the destruction of historical monuments, but the media painted them all with the same brush.

There is a method to their madness. If we are going to be painted with this brush of racist, many will not go to these rallies and show their opposition.
It's all part of the master plan----And yes I do believe there is a master plan. This is too organized not to be.