Westlawn Inn vs. The Front Porch

sthrngentlmn

Hi, I am supposed to take someone to dinner at one of these restaurants next week. We live about equal distance from both so if anyone who has eaten at both could offer an opinion as to one standing out above the other in terms of food, service, atmosphere, etc. thanks very much.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Welcome newbie! I have been to the Front Porch several times and have never been disappointed. I cannot speak of the other place. Best of luck to you and let us know where you decided. :smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've never been to Westlawn but I've been to Front Porch several times and it's always wonderful. Food, service, atmosphere - all good.

nobody really

I need a nap
Hi, I am supposed to take someone to dinner at one of these restaurants next week. We live about equal distance from both so if anyone who has eaten at both could offer an opinion as to one standing out above the other in terms of food, service, atmosphere, etc. thanks very much.

I live within walking distance to westlawn, and I would drive to front porch vs. westlawn. westlawn is very pricey and mediocre.

Hannibal

Front Porch. I'm essentially in the middle of both places and it's Front Porch hands down. I recommend the Shrimp and Grits. Mmmmm. Might need to talk the wifey into heading that way this evening in fact. Sit outside under the sun sails.

Kinnakeet

Welcome newbie! I have been to the Front Porch several times and have never been disappointed. I cannot speak of the other place. Best of luck to you and let us know where you decided. :smile:

Where is this Front Porch you speak of located?

GopherM

Darwin was right
If you are in between the two then you best bet would be to go the Lighthouse on Solomons Island or one of the other fine places there like the CD Cafe. The Front Porch is only mediocre at best and I've never been to the place a North Beach.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Speaking of Solomon's, I have been to Island Hideaway twice and it was really good. Nice and relaxed place and waterfront.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had lunch at the Front Porch yesterday. It was delish! :drool:

I wonder what the OP decided on?

sthrngentlmn

Thank you for the helpful replies and the suggestions about the places in Solomons. This person has their heart set and stomach too I guess on trying the Westlawn or the Front Porch. I'll let you all know how it went.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thank you for the helpful replies and the suggestions about the places in Solomons. This person has their heart set and stomach too I guess on trying the Westlawn or the Front Porch. I'll let you all know how it went.

Good luck! :yay:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Just an FYI on West Lawn, they have music there on Friday and Saturdays. I can get kinda loud for conversations, if thats what you want to do, have a nice intimate dinner....

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

Well, you've been counseled about the Westlawn. Three smallish scallops on a bed of blanched kale with a side of four squash strips for $29.