Maryland missing out on quite a boom

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good news on the energy front....

The industry supports 322,600 jobs in Pennsylvania, the nation's No. 2 natural gas producer, and 258,500 jobs next door in New York, the nation's No.4 consumer of natural gas.

New York sits atop the same resource base that has made Pennsylvania an epicenter of the American energy renaissance, and the state could potentially add an additional 60,000 jobs by developing its own natural gas and building the pipelines needed to serve its residents.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/news-services/article167682962.html?linkId=100000000767945

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I just read the article. Did I miss something about Maryland and energy in there somewhere?

maybe MD has the same types of reserves underground

I seem to recall some sort of Energy Development ban or maybe that was only fracking in Western MD

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just read the article. Did I miss something about Maryland and energy in there somewhere?

That's exactly my point. Maryland is missing in there. Opted out on purpose. The same formation that fuels the boom in PA extends through western MD.

Hijinx

That's exactly my point. Maryland is missing in there. Opted out on purpose. The same formation that fuels the boom in PA extends through western MD.

Didn't Hogan band looking offshore for oil because the whales don't like the seismic exploration.

Trump wanted to explore and Hogan went against him.
I like Hogan but not sure where he stands sometimes.
A lot of Republicans seem to be helping the other side.