Mattis: Gotta Love Him

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Mattis just says it like it is::yay:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...-sitting-sidelines.html?ESRC=navy-a_170816.nl

During a short speech on Aug. 9 followed by a question-and-answer period, Mattis thanked the sailors of the USS Kentucky for being in the Navy, saying they'd never regret that service.

"That means you're living," Mattis said, according to the official Pentagon transcript.

"That means you're not some p--- sitting on the sidelines, you know what I mean, kind of sitting there saying, 'Well, I should have done something with my life.' Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say 'What the hell did I do with my life?' Why? Because you served others; you served something bigger than you."

He just had to add in this dig - one could almost see it coming:

Mattis went on to say that he wished he were young enough to go out to sea with the Kentucky's crew, though the retired general joked, "there's a world of difference between a submariner and a Marine, you know what I mean?"

black dog

Free America
Mattis just says it like it is::yay:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...-sitting-sidelines.html?ESRC=navy-a_170816.nl

During a short speech on Aug. 9 followed by a question-and-answer period, Mattis thanked the sailors of the USS Kentucky for being in the Navy, saying they'd never regret that service.

"That means you're living," Mattis said, according to the official Pentagon transcript.

"That means you're not some p--- sitting on the sidelines, you know what I mean, kind of sitting there saying, 'Well, I should have done something with my life.' Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say 'What the hell did I do with my life?' Why? Because you served others; you served something bigger than you."

He just had to add in this dig - one could almost see it coming:

Mattis went on to say that he wished he were young enough to go out to sea with the Kentucky's crew, though the retired general joked, "there's a world of difference between a submariner and a Marine, you know what I mean?"

Oorah... I know what you mean..

Clem72

Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say 'What the hell did I do with my life?'

I get the point he's trying to make, but pretending that those who serve don't have regrets and don't end up on the shrink's couch as often as others is just whitewashing.