Thread: Mattis: Gotta Love Him

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl

Mattis: Gotta Love Him

Mattis just says it like it is:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...vy-a_170816.nl

During a short speech on Aug. 9 followed by a question-and-answer period, Mattis thanked the sailors of the USS Kentucky for being in the Navy, saying they'd never regret that service.

"That means you're living," Mattis said, according to the official Pentagon transcript.

"That means you're not some p--- sitting on the sidelines, you know what I mean, kind of sitting there saying, 'Well, I should have done something with my life.' Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say 'What the hell did I do with my life?' Why? Because you served others; you served something bigger than you."

He just had to add in this dig - one could almost see it coming:

Mattis went on to say that he wished he were young enough to go out to sea with the Kentucky's crew, though the retired general joked, "there's a world of difference between a submariner and a Marine, you know what I mean?"
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Mattis is great!

The Nation needs more like him.

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Mattis just says it like it is:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...vy-a_170816.nl

During a short speech on Aug. 9 followed by a question-and-answer period, Mattis thanked the sailors of the USS Kentucky for being in the Navy, saying they'd never regret that service.

"That means you're living," Mattis said, according to the official Pentagon transcript.

"That means you're not some p--- sitting on the sidelines, you know what I mean, kind of sitting there saying, 'Well, I should have done something with my life.' Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say 'What the hell did I do with my life?' Why? Because you served others; you served something bigger than you."

He just had to add in this dig - one could almost see it coming:

Mattis went on to say that he wished he were young enough to go out to sea with the Kentucky's crew, though the retired general joked, "there's a world of difference between a submariner and a Marine, you know what I mean?"
    Oorah... I know what you mean..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say 'What the hell did I do with my life?'
    I get the point he's trying to make, but pretending that those who serve don't have regrets and don't end up on the shrink's couch as often as others is just whitewashing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    I get the point he's trying to make, but pretending that those who serve don't have regrets and don't end up on the shrink's couch as often as others is just whitewashing.
    Racist
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Members who have read this thread: 35