Can the insanity get any worse?

PsyOps

Pixelated
The Latest: Secret Service looking into senator’s Trump post

The Latest on a Missouri lawmaker posting and deleting a comment hoping President Trump is assassinated (all times local):

5:45 p.m.

The U.S. Secret Service says it is “looking into the comments” that a Missouri legislator posted on Facebook that said sais she hoped President Donald Trump would be assassinated.

Democratic state Sen. Marie Chappelle-Nadal says she posted and later deleted the comment Thursday out of frustration over Trump’s reaction to the white supremacist rally and violence last weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia.

She says she should not have posted the comment on her personal Facebook page, but she says she was expressing her right to free speech. She also is refusing calls to resign from her fellow Democrats, including U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill and U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay.

All of you liberals telling us how unfit Trump is, and here you have a state senator, charged with upholding our laws and our constitution calling for the assassination of the president. This is blind hatred at a whole new level. Just to teach you haters a good old fashion lesson about keeping your temper and your tongue, I hope they throw the book at her and put her in prison for sedition.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Can the insanity get worse?? Hell yes It's only starting.

What we have is a group of seditionists, backed by the Democrat party.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

To hell with the Democrats, these people are backed by not only our news media, but our internet information providers as well. THAT is what should alarm us. Politicians only have a voice through the media and they are made and broken in that arena.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I might be a space cadet sometimes, but your statement is absolutely right. Seditionists are basing their sedition on racism, oh, and slavery. There has to be a term not yet in the dictionary that defines irony/paradox/stupidity/anarchism/hypocrisy/insanity/double standard/etc etc etc, all at the same time. This is the most ludicrous situation we have seen in our lifetime, and we have seen some doozies. Who said America couldn't fall? No one that is a patriot has ever said it. We suffered through 8 years of Obama, but there was no coup to unseat him. I hope people, now, understand what is going on here.

Hijinx

To hell with the Democrats, these people are backed by not only our news media, but our internet information providers as well. THAT is what should alarm us. Politicians only have a voice through the media and they are made and broken in that arena.

Abd Chuck Schumers and Nancy Pelosi and Aunt Maxine's voice is like Gold to the media.

The democrats are backing this sedition all the way

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

All of you liberals telling us how unfit Trump is, and here you have a U.S. Senator, charged with upholding our laws and our constitution calling for the assassination of the president. This is blind hatred at a whole new level. Just to teach you haters a good old fashion lesson about keeping your temper and your tongue, I hope they throw the book at her and put her in prison for sedition.
While still reprehensible, she is only a Missouri State Senator, as indicated by your post.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Do you think the Republicans aren't?

Hijinx has already said that about Repubs in another thread. Very scary stuff. It is obvious, now, that the elitist politicians are in it for themselves; no matter what side. Very scary happenings. I posted this in another thread. Why did they have Trump sign a contract to stay true to the Repubs, when they have now abandoned him? Do Americans understand that our gov is not about us, anymore, as it was intended to be? Now, we hear talk and action of obliterating all of them. I'm sorry, but I don't understand why Americans are not truly frightened about what is going on. I am. Not for me, so much, but for my progeny.

Last edited:

philibusters

All of you liberals telling us how unfit Trump is, and here you have a U.S. Senator, charged with upholding our laws and our constitution calling for the assassination of the president. This is blind hatred at a whole new level. Just to teach you haters a good old fashion lesson about keeping your temper and your tongue, I hope they throw the book at her and put her in prison for sedition.

She is a state, not U.S. senator.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Chappelle-Nadal makes public apology after Trump assassination Facebook comment

Missouri State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal made a public statement Sunday after Thursday’s Trump assassination Facebook comment. She says that she made a mistake.

“President Trump, I apologize to you and your family. I also apologize to all of the people in Missouri. I also apologize to my colleagues in the Missouri legislature for the mistake that I made. I will continue to fight for issues that are really, really important to me,” said Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal.

Lieutenant Governor Mike Parson says he can and will expel State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal from the Missouri legislature if she doesn’t resign following comments made about President Trump on Facebook.

When calling for the assassination of the president, is a simple apology enough? For the better of two days Nadal refused to apologize. I try to imagine where I'd be if I made such a statement, even if I did apologize.