CAIR: Remove All Confederate Memorials, Flags, Street Names

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CAIR: Remove All Confederate Memorials, Flags, Street Names

Via statement on Thursday, CAIR condemned President Donald Trump for "dividing America ... like the Confederacy":

Mr. Trump should be reminded that he is president of the United States of America, not the Confederate States of America. It is truly troubling that any national leader, let alone the president, would call monuments honoring those who sought to destroy America and to uphold the abhorrent institution of slavery "beautiful.’" Like the Confederacy, President Trump and his adviser Steve Bannon seem to favor dividing America.

CAIR uses neo-Marxist terminology in its self-description, including "socio-economic justice" and unqualified "diversity" among its organizational objectives. It regularly uses the term "Islamophobia."

CAIR also organizes voter registration drives to "increase Muslim participation in the political arena" while simultaneously advocating for increased entry of Muslims to the homeland via proposed changes to refugee and immigration policies.

I'm not sure what CAIRs play is here .... grind an ax against Trump over the Travel restrictions

SamSpade

I guess my biggest concern about this is where it goes from here. Today it's statues. Others have called for removing the Jefferson Memorial.

Are we going to start blasting away at Mount Rushmore and tearing up the Declaration and plowing over Monticello - in an event reminiscent of the ACTUAL Nazis - or more recently, the Taliban?

I GET that people feel that somehow any memorial is praise towards the person depicted. I don't know why people think that - it's not as though every statue or memorial depicts someone praiseworthy.
We have busts and statues of famous Indian leaders, and whatever your sympathies towards Native Americans were, they were also responsible for killing Americans.

I don't like the idea that as we continue to deconstruct virtually every one in our history that we start whitewashing everything.

Hijinx

I guess my biggest concern about this is where it goes from here. Today it's statues. Others have called for removing the Jefferson Memorial.

Are we going to start blasting away at Mount Rushmore and tearing up the Declaration and plowing over Monticello - in an event reminiscent of the ACTUAL Nazis - or more recently, the Taliban?

I GET that people feel that somehow any memorial is praise towards the person depicted. I don't know why people think that - it's not as though every statue or memorial depicts someone praiseworthy.
We have busts and statues of famous Indian leaders, and whatever your sympathies towards Native Americans were, they were also responsible for killing Americans.

I don't like the idea that as we continue to deconstruct virtually every one in our history that we start whitewashing everything.

This one is pretty easy.
CAIR is a Muslim terrorist organization and they wish Sharia law for the United States.
So they join with the other terrorist organizations such as BLM and Antifa to destroy this way of Government we now have.
This is just another example of whay we don't need more Muslims in this country.

Hijinx

Our way of voting to establish a new President is now under fire.
Our way of a peaceful transition of power from one party or one president is under fire.
If this pack of ignorant Mother fukers are successful in bringing down the sitting legitimately elected President then that peaceful transition will be wiped out forever.

Statues be damned. They aren't worth losing our system of Government over.
]This isn't going to be over if we destroy every monument in this country.
These people are the beginning of a plan to destroy our system of Government.
People had better WTF up of one day they will wake up to a third world Government run by the liberals and destined to wind up like Venezuela.

BOP

This one is pretty easy.
CAIR is a Muslim terrorist organization and they wish Sharia law for the United States.
So they join with the other terrorist organizations such as BLM and Antifa to destroy this way of Government we now have.
This is just another example of whay we don't need more Muslims in this country.

Aided and abetted by the vast majority of politicians.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I GET that people feel that somehow any memorial is praise towards the person depicted. I don't know why people think that.

It used to be that you had to physically be present to be accused of micro-aggression against these Permanently Offended groups. Now you don't even have to be alive to be accused.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mr. Trump should be reminded that he is president of the United States of America, not the Confederate States of America.

And yet we may notice that none of this was an issue just a few short months ago when Obama was president.

CAIR is a terrorist organization, so they can go eff themselves.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:coffee:

Saw on FB-

ForumRunner_20170821_104035.jpg