All in: The left is through messing around

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

More and more, Charlottesville looks like a setup. Jason Kessler, who organized the "Unite the Right" event, seems to have a history with the left. Aside from his Occupy Wall Street past, it is convenient that he we went Alt-Right as soon as Donald Trump was elected. When the Democrat mayor of Charlottesville and governor of Virginia directed law enforcement to actually funnel together the opposing sides of paid protesters and drooling mouth-breathers, a confrontation was inevitable. Along with the tiki-torch parade (exactly what happened in Ukraine) and great photos of Nazi flags, Hollywood could not have done better. Three people dying because of this incident was not a tragedy that could have been avoided, but an event to be exploited.

[clip]

Throughout the last election season, we saw Trump supporters violently attacked at rallies, with the press calling it confrontations between "opposing groups of demonstrators." Now Trump supporters can be attacked with moral justification for being Nazis. The object will be to suppress turnout and to shame them into staying home or being silent. This tactic is the only way for the Democrats to win the next election. It did not work in 2016, and it is a long shot for them now.

We have seen the recent drive to take down Confederate monuments that had been around for one hundred years or more. Enraged by Trump's press conference, the left is now calling to erase the Founding Fathers. Trump was not wrong in asking if it were to end with Washington and Jefferson – he just didn't go far enough. The left's goal is to eliminate the Constitution. Every argument made against the Founders can also be made against their historic document. Whether the left achieves this through elections or civil unrest, it has started the ball rolling, and it will be difficult to stop.

Hijinx

More and more, Charlottesville looks like a setup. Jason Kessler, who organized the "Unite the Right" event, seems to have a history with the left. Aside from his Occupy Wall Street past, it is convenient that he we went Alt-Right as soon as Donald Trump was elected. When the Democrat mayor of Charlottesville and governor of Virginia directed law enforcement to actually funnel together the opposing sides of paid protesters and drooling mouth-breathers, a confrontation was inevitable. Along with the tiki-torch parade (exactly what happened in Ukraine) and great photos of Nazi flags, Hollywood could not have done better. Three people dying because of this incident was not a tragedy that could have been avoided, but an event to be exploited.

[clip]

Throughout the last election season, we saw Trump supporters violently attacked at rallies, with the press calling it confrontations between "opposing groups of demonstrators." Now Trump supporters can be attacked with moral justification for being Nazis. The object will be to suppress turnout and to shame them into staying home or being silent. This tactic is the only way for the Democrats to win the next election. It did not work in 2016, and it is a long shot for them now.

We have seen the recent drive to take down Confederate monuments that had been around for one hundred years or more. Enraged by Trump's press conference, the left is now calling to erase the Founding Fathers. Trump was not wrong in asking if it were to end with Washington and Jefferson – he just didn't go far enough. The left's goal is to eliminate the Constitution. Every argument made against the Founders can also be made against their historic document. Whether the left achieves this through elections or civil unrest, it has started the ball rolling, and it will be difficult to stop.

Call me crazy, but I agree with this article.
The final plot to what is going on now is to bring down our system of government.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think most of this crap is contrived to pit Americans against each other. Really, all this turmoil and strife is not a part of the average American's day to day life. Or life at all. By and large, we all get along just fine in society - black, white, Muslim, Christian, gay, straight, whatever. White supremacists and black militants make up such a small part of our population they are statistically insignificant, yet they receive a seriously disproportionate amount of media coverage. Summer of the Shark, racism style.

My dream is that one day we'll all recognize and reject the manipulation tactics of our media, both Left AND Right. Not gonna hold my breath or anything, though...

h3mech

do we need to join a new political party (Trumpacans)

I think most of this crap is contrived to pit Americans against each other. Really, all this turmoil and strife is not a part of the average American's day to day life. Or life at all. By and large, we all get along just fine in society - black, white, Muslim, Christian, gay, straight, whatever. White supremacists and black militants make up such a small part of our population they are statistically insignificant, yet they receive a seriously disproportionate amount of media coverage. Summer of the Shark, racism style.

My dream is that one day we'll all recognize and reject the manipulation tactics of our media, both Left AND Right. Not gonna hold my breath or anything, though...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
do we need to join a new political party (Trumpacans)

I don't love Trump enough to have a whole party devoted to him. Plus I don't want to join a gang anyway. I'd like to see political parties done away with altogether and just vote for the individual rather than their party affiliation.

glhs837

Power with Control
The Reasonable Citizen Party or RCP, .

Platform

1. Being that compromise is the heart of democracy, seeking it should be the endgame, not what you do after you have expended every effort to pee in the punchbowl.

2. Being that "Service" is the heart of elected office, no RCP candidate shall serve any more than two terms in any elected position, and not serve in any appointed positions between of after elected service.

3. Being that money is the heart of undue influence and corruption, no RCP shall ever take accept corporate or organizational campaign donations.

4. Being that taxation is best when simple, all RCP candidates shall pledge to support a change to a flat/fair tax system.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Again, our biggest problem in this country is our biased media brainwashers. A loon like Maxine Waters only has a platform through the media. Without it, she's a monster-shouter on the street corner. And without them promoting her and polishing her up and telling you how wonderful she is, as in if they decided to show her as she really is, she's a crazed racist rabble rousing hate-monger who needs to be put in a home for her own safety.

And her wig is a disgrace.

If Trump decided to really go fascist - because might as well, right? - and shut down the leftwing biased media in this country, man, I'd put on my brown shirt so fast you wouldn't believe it. THEY are the image makers and THEY are the manipulators and THEY are the ones destroying this country. Take away the handlers, and all those little progbots would wander aimlessly with tears in their eyes because they wouldn't know what they're supposed to be saying on social media. There'd be nobody to decipher the "dog whistles" and tell them what Trump really meant when he said something.

Wishbone

Again, our biggest problem in this country is our biased media brainwashers. A loon like Maxine Waters only has a platform through the media. Without it, she's a monster-shouter on the street corner. And without them promoting her and polishing her up and telling you how wonderful she is, as in if they decided to show her as she really is, she's a crazed racist rabble rousing hate-monger who needs to be put in a home for her own safety.

And her wig is a disgrace.

If Trump decided to really go fascist - because might as well, right? - and shut down the leftwing biased media in this country, man, I'd put on my brown shirt so fast you wouldn't believe it. THEY are the image makers and THEY are the manipulators and THEY are the ones destroying this country. Take away the handlers, and all those little progbots would wander aimlessly with tears in their eyes because they wouldn't know what they're supposed to be saying on social media. There'd be nobody to decipher the "dog whistles" and tell them what Trump really meant when he said something.

One thing that might clean up the media would be genuine prosecution and civil liability for reports that were not 100% accurate. I'm talking criminally as well.

Hijinx

One thing that might clean up the media would be genuine prosecution and civil liability for reports that were not 100% accurate. I'm talking criminally as well.

I believe the courts have pretty much given the press the right to print almost anything.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I believe the courts have pretty much given the press the right to print almost anything.

True. Libel is about the only thing that they can do that might bring real repercussions and that's a pretty high bar to meet..

I used to agree that was always a good thing...an unfettered and free press the best guarantor of a continued democracy and "honest" "open" government. But now, the press has by and large become an integral part of an entire side of the government. Indivisible..a captured outlet..mouthpiece..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Agree. Instead of letting it go, file libel and defamation charges against these lying douchnozzles. Hold them accountable. When anyone makes a threat of violence against our president, they need to be arrested and prosecuted, then punished. Bully their asses right back and uphold the law.

We didn't used to tolerate death threats against our president, but now these ####ing animals are in rut and acting as ugly as they please - freaking government officials are emboldened to call for assassination. That crap needs to stop. I'm not sure why we're allowing this.