Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Egg Whites in a carton

I love her wild,wild hair BeenSpur'd's Avatar
    [QUOTE=PsyOps;5800431]I have stopped it altogether. I was just curious that, if the carton egg whites are egg whites right from the egg, why would they need to be shook well? It tells me they are made from powdered eggs. I do all I can to stay away from processed foods like this. It means a lot of chemicals went into processing it. That's counter-productive to eating clean.[/QUOTE

Look at the ingredients, if it says egg whites and maybe something for a presevative, its fresh. If it says dehydrated egg and some kind of water, its reconstituted.
    Proud Mother of two LT JG Surface Warfare Naval Officers!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post

When I said I separated the yolks from the whites to make a better fried egg, you said it was too much trouble.....
    I'm pretty sure separating eggs so you can use just the whites, and separating the eggs so that you can then put them back together again are two very different things.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

[QUOTE=BeenSpur'd;5800513]
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I have stopped it altogether. I was just curious that, if the carton egg whites are egg whites right from the egg, why would they need to be shook well? It tells me they are made from powdered eggs. I do all I can to stay away from processed foods like this. It means a lot of chemicals went into processing it. That's counter-productive to eating clean.[/QUOTE

Look at the ingredients, if it says egg whites and maybe something for a presevative, its fresh. If it says dehydrated egg and some kind of water, its reconstituted.
    Exactly what I was thinking!!

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Drop the eggs for a while and replace with a whey protein shake after you lift and for time release protein, use casein right before you go to bed.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Members who have read this thread: 50