Vibrio vulnificus in st. Mary's county waters

3CATSAILOR

I just found out that a neighbor got a case of Vibrio Vulnificus while working on his boat in the shallow water of the Chesapeake Bay along the Western shore. He is recovering. Be careful - Remember, if you get a case of it in your blood stream, if not properly treated in 48 hours, you could die. Be sure to tell the doctors at the ER that you believe you were infected with Vibrio Vulnificus and that you need to be treated with only Third Generation Antibiotics. Otherwise you could die.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I just found out that a neighbor got a case of Vibrio Vulnificus while working on his boat in the shallow water of the Chesapeake Bay along the Western shore. He is recovering. Be careful - Remember, if you get a case of it in your blood stream, if not properly treated in 48 hours, you could die. Be sure to tell the doctors at the ER that you believe you were infected with Vibrio Vulnificus and that you need to be treated with only Third Generation Antibiotics. Otherwise you could die.

It is always in the water. Just that some are more susceptible than others. Most likely because of a weak, or weakened, immune system.