Good Sam/Camping World no longer wants your business

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/mar...what-trump-said-dont-shop-at-my-business.html

Serial entrepreneur Marcus Lemonis had some choice words on Wednesday about those who may support President Donald Trump's response to the violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"There's no doubt that there is probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple days and if they are, quite frankly, don't shop at my business," said Lemonis, who is CEO of Camping World and host of CNBC's "The Profit."

Fine with me, Marcus. When we get back to MD I'll be cancelling my Good Sam mail service and demanding a refund.

This was a stupid business move for him because his customer base is overwhelmingly conservative and white. The RV forums are going crazy over this and the camping people who are outraged and angry outnumber the supporters almost 10 to 1 by my personal estimation. Park owners are having a fit and cancelling their advertising, which is a large revenue source for Good Sam Club. Several folks said they were in the process of buying an RV from Camping World and cancelled their purchase.

For those who don't know, Good Sam Enterprises owns Good Sam Club and Camping World; Lemonis is the CEO of Camping World.

My personal experience is that I posted this in one of the RV groups I belong to in FB. I offered no commentary, just posted the story as a news item that pertains to camping. The couple of Trump haters in there became abusive and demanded that I be removed from the group. Yes, fascist Trump haters wanted me banned because I posted an RV related news story that they didn't like in an RV related FB group. I wasn't banned, of course, because the majority of the group is pro-Trump and they were being civilized.

Anyway, for those of you who camp and travel in an RV, there are options other than Good Sam and Camping World. Escapees Club offers mail forwarding and a number of other services, and you can get pretty much anything you need on Amazon (until he too decides that Trump supporters aren't welcome to give him money).

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
That's what is great about this country. You are free to say whatever you want. You can make a business decision based on your politics. The consumers are also free to choose which establishments will get their money. See how this works. Don't support or support based on your views.

I wonder if there would have been any flack if Marcus said he didn't want homosexuals spending money in his establishments.

hotbikermama40

That's what is great about this country. You are free to say whatever you want. You can make a business decision based on your politics. The consumers are also free to choose which establishments will get their money. See how this works. Don't support or support based on your views.

I wonder if there would have been any flack if Marcus said he didn't want homosexuals spending money in his establishments.

Of course there would. Silly rabbit, discrimation is for the Lefties lol

What's the end game?

I was visiting with my mother Thursday evening and she had the TV on the local channel 4 news. The anchor was interviewing a man and asked what we as a community should be doing in the wake of the Charlottesville violence. He looked right at the camera and said, "If you are white you should approach African-American people and apologize."

White Americans argued and changed the legislation to remove the legislative racial barriers. White Americans left their homes, families and livelihood to fight and die to keep the country united and to abolish slavery in America. Mind you America did not create nor invent slavery. It was practiced in hundreds of countries around the world and still is today. And lets not forget countries profiting from selling their people is still happening today and its not just people with darkened skin who are sold into slavery.

The truth is that the vast majority of Americans have long ago moved well beyond the thought that some races not being the same class of human as others and therefore can be treated as property.... VAST majority. So again I ask... those of you who are accepting the push for today's white America to feel they are to blame for what happened long ago... what is the end game? If we all wake up tomorrow and said, "Okay... we will take blame for what our ancestors did long ago... what now?" What is the answer?

And that goes for everyone... when people (of various ancestry, mind you) ended up in America as slaves it was their origin countries that profited from their sell.. what now?

What can happen now to make the past go away? I seriously want to know what you think the end game is... go.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Under the last regime I'd give 100-1 odds for it. Under this one I'd back it down to 5-1, there are a lot of holdovers in the DOJ still.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm going to go camp at one of his properties. With Trump stickers plastered all over all my stuff.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's the end game?

I was visiting with my mother Thursday evening and she had the TV on the local channel 4 news. The anchor was interviewing a man and asked what we as a community should be doing in the wake of the Charlottesville violence. He looked right at the camera and said, "If you are white you should approach African-American people and apologize."

White Americans argued and changed the legislation to remove the legislative racial barriers. White Americans left their homes, families and livelihood to fight and die to keep the country united and to abolish slavery in America. Mind you America did not create nor invent slavery. It was practiced in hundreds of countries around the world and still is today. And lets not forget countries profiting from selling their people is still happening today and its not just people with darkened skin who are sold into slavery.

The truth is that the vast majority of Americans have long ago moved well beyond the thought that some races not being the same class of human as others and therefore can be treated as property.... VAST majority. So again I ask... those of you who are accepting the push for today's white America to feel they are to blame for what happened long ago... what is the end game? If we all wake up tomorrow and said, "Okay... we will take blame for what our ancestors did long ago... what now?" What is the answer?

And that goes for everyone... when people (of various ancestry, mind you) ended up in America as slaves it was their origin countries that profited from their sell.. what now?

What can happen now to make the past go away? I seriously want to know what you think the end game is... go.

Manufactured race war. Divide the country into two teams of combat; politicians declare martial law and enjoy even more control over the citizenry "for our own good". It's a last ditch full court press Hail Mary effort to complete the subjugation of We the People.

My ancestors didn't do #### to Africans. They were too busy fighting the Native Americans (aka, "my other ancestors") and taking over their land. My Irish ancestors WERE slaves, even when they came to America, for all intents and purposes.

Hundreds of thousands of white people died to end slavery in this country - anyone care to say thank you to them? Millions of white people voted for Barack Obama and put him in the White House - where's their thanks?

Black people are such a minority in this country that if it weren't for white people, they would have NO voice and NO political influence. Millions of white people are willing to stand up for the rights of the minority and not allow them to be forgotten or marginalized. Thanks, white people!

Again, this is a manufactured race war for political gain. It's unfortunate that so many fall for this manipulation when a simple stroll down the logic path would show them that it's all bull####.

Manufactured race war. Divide the country into two teams of combat; politicians declare martial law and enjoy even more control over the citizenry "for our own good". It's a last ditch full court press Hail Mary effort to complete the subjugation of We the People.

My ancestors didn't do #### to Africans. They were too busy fighting the Native Americans (aka, "my other ancestors") and taking over their land. My Irish ancestors WERE slaves, even when they came to America, for all intents and purposes.

Hundreds of thousands of white people died to end slavery in this country - anyone care to say thank you to them? Millions of white people voted for Barack Obama and put him in the White House - where's their thanks?

Black people are such a minority in this country that if it weren't for white people, they would have NO voice and NO political influence. Millions of white people are willing to stand up for the rights of the minority and not allow them to be forgotten or marginalized. Thanks, white people!

Again, this is a manufactured race war for political gain. It's unfortunate that so many fall for this manipulation when a simple stroll down the logic path would show them that it's all bull####.
I have already reached your conclusions and I've watched it happen over the past decade. It is even more obvious now when I see that the divide isn't being pushed just from the democrats but also from the republicans. The "shadow government power" is clearly no longer in the shadow. I see it and I believe many see it.

But there are still a number that truly believe we should still be outraged by our history and not encouraged by our continued accomplishments. So what do they think the end game should be? In my mind, I cannot comprehend that they too want another civil war, but I'm starting to think I'm being naïve. Maybe they are okay with us no longer being an independent country but rather another territory of the global power, just like what is happening in Europe. Soros has openly published his manifestoes for decades so his end game has always been declared. America handing over it's legislative authority to the global authority is part of that end game and he's spent billions to make that happen and that is clearly documented for all to see as well. So did I just answer my own question? Many in the 1% are clearly okay with it and are steadily financing the narrative .Are there really that many of the general American population who are willing to fight to end our sovereignty? Do they really understand the outcome if their anarchy and outrage wins?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
My personal experience is that I posted this in one of the RV groups I belong to in FB. I offered no commentary, just posted the story as a news item that pertains to camping. The couple of Trump haters in there became abusive and demanded that I be removed from the group. Yes, fascist Trump haters wanted me banned because I posted an RV related news story that they didn't like in an RV related FB group. I wasn't banned, of course, because the majority of the group is pro-Trump and they were being civilized.

I'd like to join that FB group. Sounds like lots of fun and support for the typical RV owner.

black dog

Free America

I will never understand why a business owner would be outspoken on the Hot Topic of the Month and tell 40 to 60% of there business client base they don't need there money..
Rumors have always swirled about Marcus's sexuality. This woman he has been seen with lately is the first person that he has ever supposedly dated in public.
I would guess she's just a ###-hag. :shrug:

Monello

PREMO Member
Evil whites invented something called affirmative action. So in order to equalize historical racial discrimination we are combatting that by committing discrimination against a different race of people.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I will never understand why a business owner would be outspoken on the Hot Topic of the Month and tell 40 to 60% of there business client base they don't need there money..
Rumors have always swirled about Marcus's sexuality. This woman he has been seen with lately is the first person that he has ever supposedly dated in public.
I would guess she's just a ###-hag. :shrug:

C'mon, she might just be his beard.

Hijinx

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/mar...what-trump-said-dont-shop-at-my-business.html

Serial entrepreneur Marcus Lemonis had some choice words on Wednesday about those who may support President Donald Trump's response to the violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"There's no doubt that there is probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple days and if they are, quite frankly, don't shop at my business," said Lemonis, who is CEO of Camping World and host of CNBC's "The Profit."

Fine with me, Marcus. When we get back to MD I'll be cancelling my Good Sam mail service and demanding a refund.

This was a stupid business move for him because his customer base is overwhelmingly conservative and white. The RV forums are going crazy over this and the camping people who are outraged and angry outnumber the supporters almost 10 to 1 by my personal estimation. Park owners are having a fit and cancelling their advertising, which is a large revenue source for Good Sam Club. Several folks said they were in the process of buying an RV from Camping World and cancelled their purchase.

For those who don't know, Good Sam Enterprises owns Good Sam Club and Camping World; Lemonis is the CEO of Camping World.

Anyway, for those of you who camp and travel in an RV, there are options other than Good Sam and Camping World. Escapees Club offers mail forwarding and a number of other services, and you can get pretty much anything you need on Amazon (until he too decides that Trump supporters aren't welcome to give him money).

So what frosted this fools balls about what Trump said?

Marcus Lemonis Marcus Lemonis: If you're OK with what Trump said, don't shop at my businesses
1:45 PM ET Wed, 16 Aug 2017 | 03:12

Whoa there Hoss.This was not a violent White Supremacist Rally.
It was a violent attack on White supremacists by people who are just as bad and maybe even worse than White Supremacists.
Why do sh1theads like this approve of Black racists and liberal Antifa bandits attacking people who had a permit and a right to speak?

Trump was 100% right when he said both side were at fault.
I cannot understand why they give these Soros thugs a break.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Trump was 100% right when he said both side were at fault.

The problem is that though Trump was 100% accurate, he probably wasn't right to have pointed the fact out to a nation which has been conditioned by 8 years of a POTUS who immediately comes out after a tragedy, before any facts are known, and sides with the wrong side of the issue 100% of the time.

Monello

PREMO Member
I had to ask my roomie what that was.. lol..
That's a better analogy than ### hag...

You don't get out much, do you?

J/K

I find quite a few references get past me these days. Good thing I gots a google machine.

black dog

Free America
You don't get out much, do you?

J/K

I find quite a few references get past me these days. Good thing I gots a google machine.

Lol.. when I read ' Beard ' I was like wtf... My first thought was did he mean a Merkin?
Then I asked her and first she called me a outdated retarded curmudgeon, and then she told me the meaning..
Now I wish Urban Dictionary would start a daily email giving names and the new meaning.
If that happens I want 10%.....