A dangerous time indeed

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Worth a read. As his pieces always are.

We’re living in a very dangerous time.

Several things are coming together that pose a serious threat to the liberty of anyone who is right-of-center.

While there are many factors at work, I’ve been focused in recent days on three: (1) Antifa becoming a part of the anti-Trump Resistance; (2) politically-motivated denial of access to the internet at the gatekeeper level; and (3) attempts to weaken free speech protections in the name of social justice.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/08/gathering-storms-and-threats-to-liberty/

What's the end game?

I was visiting with my mother Thursday evening and she had the TV on the local channel 4 news. The anchor was interviewing a man and asked what we as a community should be doing in the wake of the Charlottesville violence. He looked right at the camera and said, "If you are white you should approach African-American people and apologize."

White Americans argued and changed the legislation to remove the legislative racial barriers. White Americans left their homes, families and livelihood to fight and die to keep the country united and to abolish slavery in America. Mind you America did not create nor invent slavery. It was practiced in hundreds of countries around the world and still is today. And lets not forget countries profiting from selling their people is still happening today and its not just people with darkened skin who are sold into slavery.

The truth is that the vast majority of Americans have long ago moved well beyond the thought that some races not being the same class of human as others and therefore can be treated as property.... VAST majority. So again I ask... those of you who are accepting the push for today's white America to feel they are to blame for what happened long ago... what is the end game? If we all wake up tomorrow and said, "Okay... we will take blame for what our ancestors did long ago... what now?" What is the answer?

And that goes for everyone... when people (of various ancestry, mind you) ended up in America as slaves it was their origin countries that profited from their sell.. what now?

What can happen now to make the past go away? I seriously want to know what you think the end game is... go.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The anchor was interviewing a man and asked what we as a community should be doing in the wake of the Charlottesville violence. He looked right at the camera and said, "If you are white you should approach African-American people and apologize."

That would really accomplish something.

What?..I have no idea.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's the end game?

I was visiting with my mother Thursday evening and she had the TV on the local channel 4 news. The anchor was interviewing a man and asked what we as a community should be doing in the wake of the Charlottesville violence. He looked right at the camera and said, "If you are white you should approach African-American people and apologize."

White Americans argued and changed the legislation to remove the legislative racial barriers. White Americans left their homes, families and livelihood to fight and die to keep the country united and to abolish slavery in America. Mind you America did not create nor invent slavery. It was practiced in hundreds of countries around the world and still is today. And lets not forget countries profiting from selling their people is still happening today and its not just people with darkened skin who are sold into slavery.

The truth is that the vast majority of Americans have long ago moved well beyond the thought that some races not being the same class of human as others and therefore can be treated as property.... VAST majority. So again I ask... those of you who are accepting the push for today's white America to feel they are to blame for what happened long ago... what is the end game? If we all wake up tomorrow and said, "Okay... we will take blame for what our ancestors did long ago... what now?" What is the answer?

And that goes for everyone... when people (of various ancestry, mind you) ended up in America as slaves it was their origin countries that profited from their sell.. what now?

What can happen now to make the past go away? I seriously want to know what you think the end game is... go.

See my answer in the other thread....

Sapidus

See my answer in the other thread....

The key word is some. When you saw whites changed the laws and fought for blacks right you are omitting the word "some". Remember for everyone fighting for black rights there were just as many fighting against it. All many black people want is the acknowledgement that this country was built on their backs. We should have statues to the millions of people enslaved we profited from instead of confederate generals who fought against their freedom.

It's really not that hard to understand. No one wants to erase history. They just want to have an honest dialogue about it and discuss the fact that blacks were disadvantaged from the start and then freed and told to catch up to the whites, many of whom were already rich and educated after having profited from
Slave labor.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
All many black people want is the acknowledgement that this country was built on their backs.

What about all the parts of this country that were not "built on their backs"?...which is most of the country, by the way.

The key word is some. When you saw whites changed the laws and fought for blacks right you are omitting the word "some". Remember for everyone fighting for black rights there were just as many fighting against it. All many black people want is the acknowledgement that this country was built on their backs. We should have statues to the millions of people enslaved we profited from instead of confederate generals who fought against their freedom.

It's really not that hard to understand. No one wants to erase history. They just want to have an honest dialogue about it and discuss the fact that blacks were disadvantaged from the start and then freed and told to catch up to the whites, many of whom were already rich and educated after having profited from
Slave labor.
You really believe only 'some' and not the majority of white skinned Americans fought to change legislation, win the civil war to unite our country and abolish slavery, and continuously vote for men and women of color (all colors not just brown) to hold positions of political power that they hold today? (Edited: to recognize those that were voted in over the decades and have since retired or died, thus, not holding positions today.)

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You really believe only 'some' and not the majority of white skinned Americans fought to change legislation, win the civil war to unite our country and abolish slavery, and continuously vote for men and women of color (all colors not just brown) to hold positions of political power that they hold today?

He has to believe that. Otherwise all his fake narratives simply collapse under their own weight.

Sapidus

You really believe only 'some' and not the majority of white skinned Americans fought to change legislation, win the civil war to unite our country and abolish slavery, and continuously vote for men and women of color (all colors not just brown) to hold positions of political power that they hold today? (Edited: to recognize those that were voted in over the decades and have since retired or died, thus, not holding positions today.)

Yes. Isn't it obvious that it wasn't all white people? Who do you think we fought the civil war against? How do you think those discriminatory laws got in place? Some white people. I still see people
Proudly flying confederate flags in Calvert county. Have you ever heard of block busting and redlining? These practices existed as recently as the 60's. So yes. Some white people did some great things for people of color but some were racist and continue to be as we see in Charlottesville

Sapidus

What about all the parts of this country that were not "built on their backs"?...which is most of the country, by the way.

That's sounds just like when people say we shouldnt t worry about cops killing blacks because they kill each other. It's an excuse to not examine our behavior and place blame elsehwhere.

Stop deflecting

Wishbone

Slave labor.

There has been 50 years of affirmative action set aside's, privileges And giveaways. As someone here who works in the District of Columbia, get a federal location, they were already plenty of minority personnel doing quite well based on those earlier opportunities. The only ones that aren't doing well are the ones that would rather sit on their ass and bitch about #### that they don't have but are too lazy to work for.

Equality is already here. It's time to shut the #### up about it.

As for your other argument about the nation being built on them, you seem to forget the blacks were not the only imported peoples pressed into slavery. I think the Irish would certainly disagree. If your diatribe is all about the old reparations bull####, it's not going to wash. There are no living peoples who were slaves or slave owners.

Considering the south was thoroughly destroyed by the end of the Civil War, exactly who is it that you believe possesses all these profits?

Wishbone

That's sounds just like when people say we shouldnt t worry about cops killing blacks because they kill each other. It's an excuse to not examine our behavior and place blame elsehwhere.

Stop deflecting

And you're trying to place your imagined guilt on everybody else.

There has been 50 years of affirmative action set aside's, privileges And giveaways. As someone here who works in the District of Columbia, get a federal location, they were already plenty of minority personnel doing quite well based on those earlier opportunities. The only ones that aren't doing well are the ones that would rather sit on their ass and bitch about #### that they don't have but are too lazy to work for.

As for your other argument about the nation being built on them, you seem to forget the blacks were not the only imported peoples pressed into slavery. I think the Irish would certainly disagree. If your diatribe is all about the old reparations bull####, it's not going to wash. There are no living peoples who were slaves or slave owners.

Considering the south was thoroughly destroyed by the end of the Civil War, exactly who is it that you believe possesses all these profits?
My white ancestors where shipped over from Slovakia to slave and die in the steel mills and the coal mines. Any money they were "paid" was owed right back to the companies that brought them here to work.... "sold my soul to the company stooooooore". There were wealthy people back in Slovakia that became richer for "gathering" up these folks to ship to America to birth the "industrial revolution". It was indeed a form of slavery. That is all in the past and though I've researched and understand the hardships my ancestors endured I also recognize that it was the past and since that time strides were made to eradicate what was once acceptable. We are not perfect today... that is shown by how many see it as acceptable to illegally truck in or ship in people from other countries to work for pennies on the dollar. Notice that most of the focus is on natives of South America, but there are also Asians being shipped in in cargo crates as well. There is still HUGE profit from other countries selling their people to our country. Why isn't their outrage on what is currently going on?

Sapidus

Yes there are many minorities doing well but that is despite the challenges they have faced. There are many who aren't doing well because the system was stacked against them in the first place. All that many people are asking is for an acknowledgment of that. Why that offends you so deeply says more about you then about them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Stop deflecting

So now you want to call refuting your silly nonsense, lies and exaggerations "deflecting"? :lmao: Yr a real piece of work, shortbus.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes. Isn't it obvious that it wasn't all white people? Who do you think we fought the civil war against? How do you think those discriminatory laws got in place? Some white people. I still see people
Proudly flying confederate flags in Calvert county. Have you ever heard of block busting and redlining? These practices existed as recently as the 60's. So yes. Some white people did some great things for people of color but some were racist and continue to be as we see in Charlottesville

Then why are ALL white people demonized as the enemy when only SOME of them are racist and only SOME of them are descended from slave owners? In fact, very few Southerners owned slaves - you can look that up, although it should have been part of your Civil War history lessons in high school.

black dog

Free America
Yes there are many minorities doing well but that is despite the challenges they have faced. There are many who aren't doing well because the system was stacked against them in the first place. All that many people are asking is for an acknowledgment of that. Why that offends you so deeply says more about you then about them.

How is the system stacked against them?
Do you think that the folks that have done well in America, had it given to them or do they still work 60+ hours a week still to increase there family wealth?
It's a shame that you never talked to some locals that are now dead about their work ethic to get where they were and turned over the reins to the next generation.
A good one would have been Blackie Wills that owned SMO.
Another would have been, Mrs Parlett that owned Par Gas Co.

With what's available to the black community through the Government, one would think after 50+ years you all would be much farther ahead than you are, how about quit pissing and moaning and give up living on the Government Plantation and start a small business and take control of you own lives, and stop blaming everyone else for the problems that were brought on by the person that you see in the mirror.