Local Handyman?

Helodude07

Hello! New jack here. Long time lurker who finally decided to join this great forum. The local advice provided on this site has helped us tremendously over the past 6.5 years we have lived in SoMD (its been that long?) and the funny banter from some of the members made the reading material that much better.

I know there have been several threads on local contractors, shed builders, etc.; however, I haven't been able to find any info on a local handyman that is willing to do small projects.

Long story short, I need a shed finished (vinyl siding, doors, trim and a ramp). I had a local guy start it but he went AWOL and never came back to finish it. On top of that, I talked to both a local contractor and even an amish crew, and they both said they would do the work but never returned my calls after their visit. Is it that tough to get help for payment? I would finish it myself, but I am not handy and I don't have the schedule to knock it out in a timely fashion.

Any pointers to some good folkes would be appreciated! Thanks again.

1stGenSMIB

HD07,
I don't post that much, don't know any other forum members, but have been here a long time and read the forum fairly often (how's that for a run-on!).

Be sure to report back and (hopefully) the person does good work and we'll know about it!

Helodude07

HD07,
I don't post that much, don't know any other forum members, but have been here a long time and read the forum fairly often (how's that for a run-on!).

Be sure to report back and (hopefully) the person does good work and we'll know about it!

Will do!

'SkinsFan

I have also found an available and competent handyman to be a problem. I live in Charles County about 7 miles from Charlotte Hall. Does anyone know of a handyman who is good, honest, and reliable but reasonably priced--or is that a only a dream. I have had some bad experiences--high priced incompetence.

ShadyLaneMGMT

I have also found an available and competent handyman to be a problem. I live in Charles County about 7 miles from Charlotte Hall. Does anyone know of a handyman who is good, honest, and reliable but reasonably priced--or is that a only a dream. I have had some bad experiences--high priced incompetence.

PM Sent!