Trump just six Senate votes away from impeachment

Hijinx

So says Yahoo:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-just-six-131856485.html

There's only one problem: it's fake news. The Senate doesn't impeach, the House does. Not to mention "we don't like him" isn't a high crime or misdemeanor.

So this is how many times now in the last few weeks that Yahoo has published fake bull#### and called it news? Glad I don't own any of their stock.

It takes the House to impeach Trump.
The American people elected him.
If enough Republicans joined with the Democrats to send a notice of impeachment to the Senate. The backlash would be horrifying to watch.

It is bad enough that the Republicans in office have ignored the will of the voters, to make an effort to remove the President would be the biggest political mistake in the history of America.

Hank

my war
So says Yahoo:

There's only one problem: it's fake news. The Senate doesn't impeach, the House does. Not to mention "we don't like him" isn't a high crime or misdemeanor.

So this is how many times now in the last few weeks that Yahoo has published fake bull#### and called it news? Glad I don't own any of their stock.

From your article:

"An article of impeachment must get a majority vote in the House of Representatives before reaching the Senate. Once there, at least two-thirds of senators must find the President guilty for him to be removed."

That's how it works...

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
From your article:

"An article of impeachment must get a majority vote in the House of Representatives before reaching the Senate. Once there, at least two-thirds of senators must find the President guilty for him to be removed."

That's how it works...
Genius

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
From your article:

That's how it works...
Not exactly how it works, the house finds him guilty (majority rules) he's impeached. Then the senate votes, not on impeachment that's already complete, but on removal from office (supermajority rules).

littlelady

God bless the USA
Not exactly how it works, the house finds him guilty (majority rules) he's impeached. Then the senate votes, not on impeachment that's already complete, but on removal from office (supermajority rules).

Thank you for calming the frenzy of it all. A prez can be put up for impeachment, but then it takes a long and tenuous task to sort it out through hearings, and all. A lot of people are just dern crazy because of the craze of it all, and don't know procedure. God bless America, and God bless Trump. He is trying to fix it.

Hank

my war

Isn't that the same, just worded differently? :lmao:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Isn't that the same, just worded differently? :lmao:

this line "An article of impeachment must get a majority vote in the House of Representatives before reaching the Senate." insinuates that the senate has a role in the impeachment proceedings, the senate does nothing until he's already impeached.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From your article:

That's how it works...

The headline is right there at the top of the story, the big bold part before the rest of the stuff. I did not make that up or even rephrase it.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So says Yahoo:

Exactly!!

Unlike Bill Clinton (who was impeached on purjury and obstruction of justict charges, but not removed from office) :coffee:

The impeachment process of Bill Clinton was initiated by the House of Representatives on December 19, 1998, against Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice.

(snip)
As a result, four charges were considered by the full House of Representatives; two passed,making Clinton the second president to be impeached, after Andrew Johnson in 1868, and only the third against whom articles of impeachment had been brought before the full House for consideration (Richard Nixon resigned from the presidency in 1974, while an impeachment process against him was underway).

The trial in the United States Senate began right after the seating of the 106th Congress, in which the Republican Party began with 55 senators. A two-thirds vote (67 senators) was required to remove Clinton from office. Fifty senators voted to remove Clinton on the obstruction of justice charge and 45 voted to remove him on the perjury charge; no member of his own Democratic Party voted guilty on either charge. Clinton, like Johnson a century earlier, was acquitted on all charges.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think they use that line the moment they've run out of arguments.

There's another forumite who used to do that: insist that if you disagreed with the story (aka "him"), it meant you didn't read it. When they have bad ideas, it's not because they have bad ideas; it's because you don't understand.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Are you ####ing retarded? I did read past the headline, you idiot.

There's another forumite who used to do that: insist that if you disagreed with the story (aka "him"), it meant you didn't read it. When they have bad ideas, it's not because they have bad ideas; it's because you don't understand.

don't worry, MR is famous for that .... it has tried to call me out for headlines it though were stupid

Midnightrider

don't worry, MR is famous for that .... it has tried to call me out for headlines it though were stupid
that's because you get duped by stupid headlines too.
Are you ####ing retarded? I did read past the headline, you idiot.
if you read past the headline why all the fauxrage?
So says Yahoo:

if you read the article there wasn't any fake news. it was simply an attention grabber. You know, like a headline.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
if you read past the headline why all the fauxrage?

Because the headline is fake, stupid. And the first three paragraphs are fake. Then buried down below they have one sentence with some intellectual honesty. That would be your basic fake news, skippy.

I hope you progs aren't thanking your teachers because you definitely never learned to read.

Midnightrider

Because the headline is fake, stupid. And the first three paragraphs are fake. Then buried down below they have one sentence with some intellectual honesty. That would be your basic fake news, skippy.

I hope you progs aren't thanking your teachers because you definitely never learned to read.

:killingme

how dare they expect you to read all of the words and understand their meaning. The ####ing god damn nerve!!!!

Wishbone

Forget it.

You're playing chess with the pigeon again.