The Tragedy and Exploitation of Charlottesville

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Trump haters on the right are one thing. But don't be deceived into believing that the anti-Trump angst factories on the left are only about Trump. To be sure, these leftists hate Trump with a white-hot passion, but their primary goal is to thwart, suppress and ultimately silence political conservatism. It is to reinvigorate Barack Obama's failed progressive agenda by any means necessary.

If Trump weren't president, the left's monomaniacal zeal to obliterate all things conservative would be unabated. Though Trump often makes their job easier, they would savage any Republican president, including the venerable Vice President Mike Pence, should he later ascend to the office. They'd maul Pence for his unapologetically Christian and social conservative views and paint him as an unmitigated bigot.

No matter what you think of the Charlottesville tragedy, in a limited but significant sense, it has become leftists' new Russia -- for as long as they can get mileage out of it. It is liberals' latest best chance to discredit Trump and his agenda and run him out of town on a humiliating impeachment rail — and into the hoosegow to boot, if possible.

How ironic that these rule of law-defying opportunists are champing at the bit to impeach Trump in the name of the rule of law. They couldn't care less about whether he's committed any impeachable offenses under the Constitution. For them, his impeachability inheres in his political views. It predates his inauguration — and persists. Right-wingers, whether conservative ideologues or not, are intrinsically bigoted. Trump's alleged boorishness, his lack of filter and, most of all, his tweets are just icing on the cake. Leftists shouldn't have to tolerate occupancy of the Oval Office by a man so repugnant to them. So, the will of the people and the electoral process be damned, Trump must go. They will not rest until something they throw against the wall sticks.

LIMBAUGH: The Tragedy and Exploitation of Charlottesville

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
occypy.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump also has an awful lot of support from women, despite the bull#### the blathering heads insist on feeding us.

PsyOps

Pixelated
In an honest political battle of wills, I have no problem with the belief that the left could 'defeat' (or obliterate, as the OP article states) the right; if there were any possible way of doing that anyway - which there's not. Conservatives would love nothing more than to, at a minimum marginalize liberalism, if not completely defeat it. Both sides believe the other is harmful to this country.

Where I have a problem is the methods in which the left is using.

Lies
Distortions of the facts
Omitting facts
Name-calling
Labeling
Fabricating offensive speech
And worst of all... physical intimidation and violence

They couldn't win at the ballot box, so they aim to win on the streets. Their tactics have become Fascist-like. They no longer desire to win with ideas; they want to win through forcing their 'enemies' to cower in fear.

Hijinx

They couldn't win at the ballot box, so they aim to win on the streets. Their tactics have become Fascist-like. They no longer desire to win with ideas; they want to win through forcing their 'enemies' to cower in fear.

It's working. Statues are disappearing in the night because they fear the thugs will come if they aren't removed.

I like Hogan, but this is gonna hurt him.

Wishbone

Where I have a problem is the methods in which the left is using.

Lies
Distortions of the facts
Omitting facts
Name-calling
Labeling
Fabricating offensive speech
And worst of all... physical intimidation and violence

:yay: OK

Now... What tactics will survive and succeed against that strategy? Capitulation? Negotiation?

Perhaps a long series of public addresses, a modern day Philippicae delivered by whatever modern day Cicero you can rustle up?

PsyOps

Pixelated
:yay: OK

Now... What tactics will survive and succeed against that strategy? Capitulation? Negotiation?

Perhaps a long series of public addresses, a modern day Philippicae delivered by whatever modern day Cicero you can rustle up?

I'm just waiting for you to be the first to take up arms against it. :tap:

[video=youtube;bPvHyh1vCvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPvHyh1vCvI[/video]

Wishbone

I'm just waiting for you to be the first to take up arms against it. :tap:

Be patient. If they continue to fail to take legal action against them, it'll grow, expand and escalate and come to your street too.

:yay:

BTW... You still didn't' answer as to what YOU believe to be the answer?

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Be patient. If they continue to fail to take legal action against them, it'll grow, expand and escalate and come to your street too.

:yay:

BTW... You still didn't' answer as to what YOU believe to be the answer?

Generally, I don't have an answer. It certainly to call for the government to start throwing these people in WV caves never to be seen again. Specifically, if I am attacked by any of these thugs I will defend myself to my best ability.

Wishbone

Generally, I don't have an answer. It certainly is to call for the government to start throwing these people in WV caves never to be seen again. Specifically, if I am attacked by any of these thugs I will defend myself to my best ability.

I'm assuming the missing word you were looking for was "is"

:yay: Welcome aboard.

Hijinx

The first move the Government or the Police force that comes up against Antifa is to arrest and remove anyone who shows up at a rally with weapons of any kind and to remove and arrest anyone wearing black clothing as an identifying uniform and wearing a mask.

People who come to a peaceful rally wearing offensive clothing such as KKK robes, antifa black and wearing masks are cowards who are hiding their identity.
They came to cause or get involved in trouble. Bringing shields or weapons to a peaceful rally identifies those who brought them as provocateurs.

Anyone who comes to a rally should be proud of their stand and not be hiding their identity.

Wishbone

As much as I know you're being snarky, do not even try to associate me with you and your thinking, we couldn't be farther apart in our thinking.

Just being a smartass, don't take it personal.

I'm confident, one day, you'll reach a point in the hand-wringing and realize violence can only be met effectively with violence.

Wishbone

History is on your side that I will reach a point in the hand-wringing and realize violence can only be met effectively with violence? Hmmm, which part of history dictates my thinking?

History is on my side "that violence must be met with violence."

Your hand-wringing is irrelevant.