posted Motorcycle for sale on SOMD

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm smelling a rat..

2009 BMW R1200RT * $7,995 Hi, do you still have it available for sale

I would pay you through PayPal and have the transport company pick it up after you confirm the payment,do you have PayPal account for the payment.??

phone 570-521-6981

Nah.... nothing suspicious here.

Capture1.jpg

Hannibal

Definite scam. Essentially you get funds from Paypal that ultimately get kicked back same as a bounced check. Stuff like this it's always cash in hand or get a bank check while personally with the person at the bank to confirm funds. I do the whole photo ID thing, bill of sale, etc. You name it. Too many thieves nowadays.

glhs837

Power with Control
Definite scam. Essentially you get funds from Paypal that ultimately get kicked back same as a bounced check. Stuff like this it's always cash in hand or get a bank check while personally with the person at the bank to confirm funds. I do the whole photo ID thing, bill of sale, etc. You name it. Too many thieves nowadays.

When I sold the SRT, the nice young man from Jersey came down and paid over 6K in cash. Most of it in 10s and 20s :) Fat stacks, as my son might have said a couple years back :)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is this on the Somd.com classifieds? If so, please send or post a link so I can get rid of it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Is this on the Somd.com classifieds? If so, please send or post a link so I can get rid of it.

No, it's not the ad that's the scam, that's Bobs bike. The scam is the response he received offering to buy the bike using Paypal as a mechanism to pay Bob for the bike. It's the flipside of the underpriced awesome car scam.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
like GLHS said.. not on the classifieds.. was a text(s) I received in reply to my ad on the SOMD Classified site.

Why you selling the bike?
Did you get a new one for your birthday?

Or is it old age and not being able to balance very well?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Tracey and I work together now.. commute together, when I'm not on travel. Bike just sits idle too much now.

Need to find something else the family can enjoy..

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

Our 10 year anniversary is coming up shortly, and Bob wants to sell his bike so he can buy me a purty, shiny bauble as a present.

:biggrin:

1stGenSMIB

I had a friend in his seventies that rode a bike to work almost everyday. You'd never know he was old until he took off his helmet..lol. He enjoyed the 70 MPG. He recently passed away at 73 from an unrelated boating accident. We all figured the motorcycles (he owned several) would do him in due to the sheer time & miles he spent on the road on one. Oh well, RIP, Butch!

glhs837

Power with Control
I had a friend in his seventies that rode a bike to work almost everyday. You'd never know he was old until he took off his helmet..lol. He enjoyed the 70 MPG. He recently passed away at 73 from an unrelated boating accident. We all figured the motorcycles (he owned several) would do him in due to the sheer time & miles he spent on the road on one. Oh well, RIP, Butch!

Yep, riding everyday is good and good for you......

https://theridingcenter.com/do-motorcycles-really-make-you-stronger-and-smarter/

I know that if I go a week without riding, I feel the difference in my attitude.